Choosing a Motherboard

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by johnnear • Jul 9, 2014.

1. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    I was planning on building my own computer to be able to keep up with the new generation of consoles and games, however, I'm having a hard time choosing a motherboard. I'm looking for the perfect balance between price, overall performance and longevity and I can't decide which is which. Can you recommend good motherboard? Doesn't have to hit all three categories I've mentioned, maybe just a perfect balance between the three.

2. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    Well, the pertinent question before we really recommend anything is this;How much are you willing to actually pay for a brand new motherboard? What are the specs of your current computer? We can't recommend a model without knowing how much you want to spend, since, you know, we might recommend one that's a grand and you only want to spend half that. Likewise, I could recommend a motherboard, and you'd buy it, and whoops, it's too high end for the other aspects of your computer, and suddenly you've wasted a grand!

3. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    Tell us more about how much you are willing to pay and what exactly you plan to do with your built computer. That could help a lot with giving us an idea of what to recommend.

4. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    Judging from the specifications that you are looking for I recommend that you buy an intel i7 processor as it will be able to handle the requirements are looking for. These are usually going around $300. I say that it's well worth it and you most likely benefit a whole lot from it. I'm looking into PC building project and this is most likely the kind of motherboard I would get for myself.