Choosing Colours

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Decentlady • Dec 3, 2016.

1. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I have faced this particular dilemma many a times when I like two colours neck to neck.

I realised after staring at both choices I get more confused and need the assistance of someone else to decide.

I also know of a person who in such cases buy both colours of the same design. I personally feel it is a wasye of cash.

How do you manage such confusions.

2. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    When choosing I try to analyze couple of factors,
    will it suit me
    Have I ever worn this color
    Is this color in fashion
    will it enlighten my personality.
    Choice of the color also depends on my mood.

3. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I generally do not make too much of experiment with colors. I've my own choice of colors, and seldom go beyond that. When two colors equally catch my attention, I go by the other factors of the products. However, there're occasions wherein I've bought something owing to impulse buying...never to wear it thereafter.

4. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    That sometimes happens to me and what I do is close my eyes and right when I open them, I say one of the two colors randomly. Whichever color I say, is the one I purchase no matter what. Just hang or place the other one back where it was, then leave, and never look back. It sounds silly but it works for me.

5. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    It is good I am not a color blind. Though I have a favorite color to select, I let my wife find for me in which it suits my personality. I am a brown-skinned man. I prefer to go with a dark color.

6. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    It does not get too difficult for me to chose a color, I always prefer the darker or nutral colors I feel those fit my style and personality best. I usually chose black as a feel it suits me the most, bright color don't catch my attention as much.

7. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I am not so concerned about color. When it comes to apparels anything which is brightly colored satisfy me. But when I buy other things my favorite color is red; be it my car, chairs, pen, notebook, bike etc. If red color is not available I will choose something very close to red. So I am not very rigid in the matter of colors. I also have a feeling that red color is lucky for me. Things which are in red color stays with me for long so when I buy costly items I insist on red color.

8. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Mine is simple when it comes to choice of colour for clothes my most preferred colors for a shirt are white, red or oxblood or a skyblue. For the trousers I would go with black, brown or blue. Having these on my mind I don't get it complicated trying to decide on the colors I should go with choosing my fashion.

9. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I do experience this most of the time and it is a bit stressful for me. Whenever I have to pick only one color, I would also consider some factors particularly if that color can be paired to plenty of colors or not, and in what occasions can I wear it. I do agree that buying both with the same design is a waster of cash but there are people who does that, perhaps they have a lot to spend that's why.

10. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    The other night I was at Kmart, and I realized that I've only been wearing three colors lately: Blue, black, and purple. I knew why I was doing it, because these are three of the most slimming colors you can wear. So I purposely went out of my way to buy clothes that were any colors but those three. I bought three new shirts. One was green, one was red, and the other was multi-colored, like black with pink and purple flowers all over it. I have seen shirts/blouses that look good in all colors, and you're right....sometimes the most difficult thing to do is decide which color. For me, I always go with the darkest one. But you could get two that are the same color if you can't decide. People don't really remember the "style" of a shirt or top you wear as much as they will remember the color. So even if both shirts are identical, at least they are different colors, and it will give the illusion that you are wearing different shirts even though you really are not. ;)

11. SammyGregory

SammyGregoryMember

Threads:
    I would be the second because it isn't a waste of money. If the item looks good on you why not buy multiple colors for multiple outfits. Then again I am also a person who has shirts in every color under the sun.

12. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to be quite conservative when it comes to colours, and I always really go for the darker, blacks and navy blues, so I never really have an issue with deciding what colour. In the past I've been queuing up behind people who have bought the same item in all the various colours because they couldn't decide, but I'm assuming they would only keep the ones they want and bring the rest back. If not that's a serious waste of money!

13. DMlad

DMladNew Member

Threads:
    When I can't decide between two colors usually I just flip a coin. It saves money, you don't regret anything and you don't have to bring anyone else into it. I will certainly won't buy the same design twice just because I like both colors though.

14. Sandy Mayfield

Sandy MayfieldMember

Threads:
    I typically get both. If i cant afford both then I take pictures of both and send to several people to get multiple opinions.

15. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well I really wish that I had the ability to just get them both if I ever have that dilemma, but of course I do not have that luxury, as most of us do not. I usually just go with my gut.

16. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    If I have a confusion with regard to the color, I usually try them on and see what suits me better. And then I buy that. If even after trying them on, I have any confusion, then I ask someone to tell me what is looking better on me and decide what to buy.

17. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    I mix and match colors as well, and I always look and ask for a second opinion on all matters. Who is the final expert, after all? No one is an expert at everything, and you often need to look to others for safe advice and counsel, as it is considered to be most wise....

18. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    If the shirt is cheap, like around $2 to $3, then I will just buy both of the item in different colors, since the item is cheap anyway. That goes for other items too, like bags, cellphone cases, pouches, etc. But for those more expensive purchases like shoes, then of course I will just buy one in the color that I like the most.

19. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Generally, I would always look for colors that I can easily mix and match with my other clothes. This would often result in me not being able to buy the item in the color I actually like at the moment. However, through the years, I've had no regrets choosing to mix and match than giving in to my momentary 'craving' for the color of the month or year. While I tend to lean towards conservative colors, there are times when I do want to loosen up and opt to wear more provocative colors and dress styles. I work hard for my money and I deserve it.

20. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite colours are red and pink so my dresses will usually be of these colours. But sometimes I take clothes of different colours if it is different and unique. I like wearing different with patterns and colours :)