Christian Movies

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Wheely • Jun 3, 2012.

1. Wheely

WheelyNew Member

Threads:
    Does anyone like to watch Christian movies like Facing the Giants, Fireproof, and Courageous?

2. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I have watched Facing the Giants and I think it is a good film. It is inspiring. Watching Christian Films doesn't really bother me even if I am not really a follower of its teachings(though I am a born Christian).

3. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I hate to say it, but things that happen to be deliberately noted as Christian tend to turn me off. I mean it's one thing to have a religious flavor, but making all about Christianity does nothing for me.

4. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen Fireproof because we know a couple that loved it and wanted us to see it. Another Christian series I would love to see is the Left Behind movies. I've heard they are really good.

5. mimi8zm

mimi8zmMember

Threads:
    I saw Facing the Giants, and I knew it was a Christian movie. I am not really aware that there are such things. Where can I find list of Christian movies? I would like to watch them. My husband and I are Bible believing Christians.

6. siriusboi

siriusboiMember

Threads:
    The Passion of Christ was one Christian movie that hit me hard in the heart. What about the Blind Side? Could it be considered a Christian movie or just an inspirational movie?

7. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I did not even know that there were Christian movies, per se. Interesting. I will look into it. I have been into Bollywood movies lately and Korean sub-titled movies. I could add that to the list...so long as it is not too exclusive...I like inclusive movies. Worth giving it a shot. Cool share, cheers. Must be good movies cause you look very happy in your profile picture (-:...or your avatar.

8. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    I don't, actually, I don't like their didactic character. But because I like some of the christian music of Michael W. Smith, I watched a film with him called "Second Chance". Not bad.

9. artifactsofmars

artifactsofmarsMember

Threads:
    I saw Facing the Giants, which espouses the views by mainstream Christians about how God works in mysterious ways. It is about a Christian football coach who is facing almost insurmountable odds in beating the opposing team in the movie. His wife desperately wants a baby, but they have been told that she cannot conceive.
    I also watched Passion of the Christ and got a real education into how viciously Jesus was beaten and treated. He was beaten so badly that he was unrecognizable as a human being when He got hung on the cross. :(

10. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    I'm not sure about this "educational" value. It's history, it's an imagination, it's exagerated by the spectacular film effects.
    But true is, that was the only film I cried in the cinema at. I was alone and I didn't even want any companion. People, young guys next to me cried too. It was a tough film, indeed.

11. MyOCDisMild

MyOCDisMildMember

Threads:
    When I view Christian movies, I don't really view them as Christian films. Except the Passion of the Christ, and that terrified my children to no
    end. I like some Christian movies, but it's more so for the historical side it poses. I'm a history nut, so historical movies hit a certain chord with
    me, be it Christian movies, Holocaust movies, revolution movies, whatever, I like em.