Christmas 2015 - Best Gift Ideas

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Colebra • Nov 22, 2015.

1. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    Just thought I'd create a place where people could share their best gift ideas for Christmas 2015...

- What are some of the good deals that are out there?

- Do you try to give people something that's "special", or do you go for something that's "useful"?

Just share some thoughts about your holiday buying experience please.
    Favorite stores, saving tips, favorite gifts...

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Last year our giveaway to the neighbors are Welcome Plants. We had plenty of it so we replanted into new plastic pots that looked cute and appropriate (with the red ribbons for decoration). The other year, we cooked cassava cake in small trays that we distributed to the neighbors. Those gift ideas had saved us money but the effort is there and also the time spent. So this year, our plan is to just buy gifts for giveaways.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What I give always depends on my budget. I think useful gifts are more practical to buy, like clothes, watches, perfumes, etc. because the person will also remember you while using it, as compared to a figurine, a picture frame or photo album, for example, which were some of the gifts that I have received.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I will just check out what's on sale when that time hits on my favorite online store as usual. They often have nice and unique items there which are hard to find elsewhere which is why I buy from that particular store even though they are not always the lowest priced. I think I'm spending a lot less on others this Christmas and with the money I save I'll buy something good for myself because for the past few years I've been spending way too much on gifts for others so this year I'm hoping I could just enjoy myself.

5. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I like to search for things that are on sale. I don't really like the whole black friday thing. I think it is just a way to get people through the door and to shop. I went out today and all of the deals were all gone! I thought it was cheaper to shop on a non black friday day.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually go for practical gifts that I know will come in handy. I like to observe people's preferences and go off that in terms of clothes, scents, accessories or even gift vouchers. My brother in law for instance, is huge into music and movies, and is always dying for gift vouchers towards that.

I also keep an ear out, in case they mention what they would like. My family are easy to shop for though, because we're really open about discussing what we'd like, and we mostly go off that as well as our budgets. My favourite store for unique and affordable gifts is TK Maxx.

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I think it is hard to go wrong with items like flowers. I am planning on sending these to my parents because they have quite a small house, and they really don't need more clutter. I think the flowers are a good idea. They can enjoy them all holiday season.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest when buying gifts all I ever think about is whether the recipient will like the gift or not. And each year the gifts I always buy are comics, children's books, board games and clothes.

IMHO all gifts are good but I suppose if you know someone needs something and you buy it for them then that would be the best Christmas gift.

9. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    This year I am going home-made.
    It takes a little more effort, but it saves money and people seem to love it!
    Here are a few examples of things that we are making:
    We made a batch of red and white wine as well as Pilsners at a local brew your own. Total cost was $300. The whites and beer are going to people we know and the reds are going into storage to be given out next year.
    We also baked 20 pies, they are frozen and labelled.
    We made home made shower scrubs in a variety of scents.
    Finally we took the ingredients to make mint brownies and put them in jars with simple instructions to make at home!