Christmas cards

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Aurora • Nov 2, 2014.

1. Aurora

AuroraMember

Threads:
    The Halloween is over. It is about time to think about Christmas. I used to sending paper cards to friends when I am still a kid. Then, electronic cards become popular when I grow up. I do not send cards to any friends over the last few years. I am wondering how many of you still sending cards to friends?

2. joyful728

joyful728Active Member

Threads:
    Now in that states, it is popular to send Christmas cards with cute photos of your family. These can run really expensive if you use a professional photographer, or inexpensive if you do them your own and develop them at Wal-Mart.

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I'm thinking of sending out a few to my mother's old friends on her behalf. She passed away a couple of years ago, but she loved to send out Christmas cards. She would even send one to us when we were living with her. She believed everyone likes getting mail, so we received a card every Christmas.

4. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    I typically do buy a box of Christmas cards and send them to out of town family and friends. I don't send them to family that lives nearby because they typically get gifts or come to our family gathering. This year, considering the birth of our newborn, I may opt to have cards made with a family photo. I haven't decided yet because they can be a bit costly.

5. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I still send them out to family and friends. I like hand writing a little message and it's fun to hear people get excited about receiving mail. I also enjoy getting them in the mail too. Christmas is the only holiday I send them out for.

6. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I like sending cards to people, not only for Christmas for anytime really, even a card to say 'hello'. I have a lot of cards that I need to send out because I have so many of them. I could be accused of being a "card hoarder" because I get them, but sometimes don't mail them out to people in a timely manner.

7. Aurora

AuroraMember

Threads:
    I have never thought of this before, I gradually stop standing Christmas cards to friends and relatives because I do not understand the meaning of sending cards. It is a waster of time to both parties as I believe the card receivers will not have much interested in the cards.

Honestly speaking, I think I should find some interesting photos of my family and make them into Christmas cards. I hope my friends and relatives would like to see them.