Christmas Discounts You've Gotten So Far

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by DrRipley • Dec 16, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I was shopping online last week and I decided to just save all my list and wait a few more days to get to the promo days of the site I was using even though it didn't seem like they were promoting or discounting any of the items that I like, and I'm glad I did because just waiting another day surprisingly gave me 10% and 20% discounts on the total amounts of items I was buying on two sites I used. The only thing I worry about is that it's too close to the day itself and a small error in delivery could potentially delay my gifts but I felt the risk was worth it since I got to save a significant amount.

What discount stories have you gotten so far this year?

2. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Off the top of my head, I got free shipping from Amazon (with any purchase over $35), and found an officially licensed NHL shirt for around 60% off. I also got Barbie dolls "buy one get one free" at Big Lots, and I got another toy there for about 30% less than what it cost in other stores. I found some nice shirts and tops for my girls for 50-70% off at various shops, so that was great too. At Hobby Lobby they had large letters for wall art for 50% off. I'm quite happy with most of my finds this year.

3. Misslisa

MisslisaMember

Threads:
    So far I've gotten a great deal on my kids boots, and shoes. I also go a great deal on two smart phones for my girls from ebay.

4. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    The best discount I got during my christmas shopping was on Amazon.. I needed a gift for my daughter's great grandmother - and I spent weeks trying to find something that she would really like - to no avail - she is my husbands grandmother - and I have never shopped for her before so I wasn't sure what to get. I decided on a memory journal as a gift that has all kinds of prompts for grandparents to write on so that they can give the completed book to their grandchild when it's finished and share all of their memories. The book I selected was 20.00 -- and out of stock - I was so dissapointed - but Amazon listed several other sellers - and one who sold overstock books had the item for less than five dollars - with free shipping - and even though I ordered it late -- on the 20th - the seller promised to have it to me by christmas. I was super happy.