Christmas Gift Ideas under $10

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by steph84 • Oct 3, 2012.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some Christmas gifts that cost $10 or less:

- A $10 gift card. The person who gets it can then get himself or herself whatever s/he pleases.
    - A board game that costs less than $10.
    - Buy some books half.com. Some cost $1. That would be 10 books.
    - Some black CDs or DVDs
    - A reusable grocery bag.
    - Kitchen towels.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:

I love those glasses, @ACSAPA.....thanks for sharing :) I've always said sometimes it's not so much about the price, but rather more about thinking creatively and really going all out to find those gems! These glasses are one such example. You would never ever have thought those looked like $1 glasses, they look so classy and gorgeous too!

3. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    When I don't have a huge budget (10$ is a nice example) I usually go to a bookshop and I look for a book that I've already read (of course) and I pick the cheapest edition, so I usually end up spending 8 to 9$, which is ok.

4. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    There is a lot that you can do with $10. $10 is the limit we have set with my siblings each year on our Secret Santa gift. This year, I bought my brother a Star Wars tee shirt I found on clearance, a Star Wars travel mug which I also found on clearance, and I still have $3 left to spend on him if I choose to. Shop the clearance racks early in the year, and stock up on gifts for family as you find them. Also, stores like Five and Below and Ollie's have a wide selection of beauty products, books, shirts, toys, games, candy, and lots of other gift items. Dollar Tree is another great place to find stocking stuffer type gifts. Pajamas can be a great gift to give, and they are usually on sale this time of year for $10 or less at stores like Walmart and Meijer. Also, bath Dove and Old Spice gift sets are usually $10 or less, or you could save even more money by making your own bath set with items you have coupons for or find at Dollar Tree.

I usually bake a ton of Christmas cookies and give them out to family members in jars or reusable Christmas tins. This year I plan to make homemade chocolate candies to give along with the cookies. I also plan to make a homemade bread mix in a jar, decorating the jar with ribbons and a tag with the recipe.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:If you have a Jeans West shop where you live they have reasonably priced items. Online there's 10dollarmall.com with brick and mortar shops too. Amazon.com when you specifically ask for items under $10 things surprisingly pop up and they got free shipping when you spend over $35!

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Over here, $10 is big money and you can buy a nice gift already that would be fitting for my colleagues in the office or even relatives like nephews and nieces. But if saving is in the mind, there are cheaper gift items that are of good quality. However the place is far and crowded - Divisoria in Manila. It is near the port so imported goods abound and some say that most imported items being sold there are cheap simply because they are smuggled. Who cares? We are just concerned with the cheap price.

7. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Another great and generally very successful gift idea for under $10 are Themed Gift Baskets - as not only are they extremely inexpensive and real simple to put together - especially as you can pick almost any type of container - as well as combine a mixture of home-made or store bought products for almost any theme - but more importantly they can be geared towards the recipient by matching the contents to something they enjoy - for example - a gourmet treat basket could be as simple as a nicely presented

Pretty cup/mug + a selection of fine tea/coffee and cookies
    A bottle of wine, two glasses, a corkscrew + some crackers and nuts
    A mixture of fine cooking oils, vinegar, herbs and spices
    or in fact just anything from a selection of fine chocolates, jams, cheeses, cookies to fresh fruit and nuts.

Either way whether you choose a pamper, spa, beauty, hobby, sports, computer or movie theme - you generally can't go too far wrong - especially as a combination of a just few imaginative items such as - a few pre-owned movie DVD's + snacks and microwave popcorn for the movie lover - not only never fail to delight but as they are customized towards the recipient - are usually much appreciated too.

8. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I have found a lot of clothing items for under $10 believe it or not. Your really have to hunt for things, but cheap gifts are out there lurking about. Bath and Body Works has a bunch of their lotions and stuff on sale too right now, so you could do some scented lotion gifts and I bet the females would love those. $10 does not get you very much these days, that is for sure. I wish we could all move in with @Corzhens@Corzhens and live nicely with $10 to spend :)

9. Malarie

MalarieNew Member

Threads:
    This isn't as crafty as some of the replies, but I've set my amazon search to "under $10" and actually found some really cute things! Most items are marked down significantly.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    If it were me I would probably just buy a USB drive that's maybe a little unique and fun. I know it might not be the most exciting gift but I have seen some fun iterations of USB drives over the years as they are integrated into everything. I once found one that can be made into a bracelet which I think is great since you never have to misplace it and it's also fun because it also just looks ordinary when worn so it doesn't stick out. Other than that I'd probably just buy gift cards or coupons to certain services that each person might like so in that way at least it will still be a little bit personalized.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've seen some perfumes/colognes that are only $5, so you might want to try it out. I also think a pair of cheap shades can serve as a gift, I've stumbled upon some frames that cost only around $10.

12. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    You could get a few bottles of Trader Joe's "two buck chuck" wine (it's actually around $3 last time I checked) - something like two whites and a red wine - and tie it up with some nice bows and wrapping from Dollar Tree. Many people can use something like wine not only for drinking, but especially if there are people in the gift exchange who like to cook. It's nice to have a few bottles of wine on hand when you may need it for some recipe you want to try out, instead of having to make a trip to the wine/liquor store.

Dollar Tree also has been getting many infomercial products - if there are some which are genuinely good products, perhaps do a kitschy bundle of infomercial products. Earlier this year, they had a bunch of Stonewave pots, which are actually great little pots for cooking stuff in your microwave. They were only $1 each, when they were selling elsewhere at Target and Dollar General for $10 each.