Christmas Promotions

Discussion in Online Shopping started by to7update • Dec 20, 2016.

1. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Christmas time always brings a lot of promotions, but many times they are not exactly what we are looking for. Do you think these are just promotional activities from the sites or stores, or do you actually take advantage of some of those promotions?

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    From my experience, maybe 99% of the promo during the Christmas season are good deals. But of course you still have to be discerning so you get a good deal. One issue is the delivery which stores usually fail due to the many orders. There was one time we ordered roast pig for Christmas lunch but it arrived at 2pm.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    If I see the item is at a discounted price that is actually worth paying for then I do take advantage of such promotions. I do think that the best promotions come after Christmas so that's when I usually start buying gifts for the coming Christmas. Some might think it's too early but at least I will safe and be ready for when the time comes.

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I do take advantage of the Christmas promotion to buy items cheaper. Two days ago I bought a pair of easy wear shoes for $65, this particular item was going for $130 around two months ago. It was as a result of the Christmas promotion that a 50% discount was allowed which I took advantage of.

5. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    Festivals and a great time for the traders/businesses as well as consumers. Traders and business offer good promotional deals and the consumers can save some money from these deals. Christmas is here and we can see a good promotional offers. I am trying to make use of some of the offers.

6. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of promotions and offers around festive season. It is indeed a great way of buying something at a cheaper price or in bulk.

I only buy those items that I need if they are available at a discounted price.

7. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Mmm, so if you need an item and it doesn't has a discount you don't buy it @Decentlady@Decentlady?

I am always struggling with promotions for the opposite reason. Promotions offer big discounts and they might lead me to buy stuff I don't need, so it's a difficulty I have, getting what I want or taking advantage of the promotion.

8. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Some promotions are really good (some even manage to surprise me), but I confess that I prefer promotions that come later because they are usually much better (and far more diversified).

Not to mention the fact that it doesn't have that "sea of people" all in just one single place. It's really annoying! :confused: