Christmas Shopping All Year Long?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Rosyrain • Feb 28, 2015.

1. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think I could shop all year round for Christmas presents, because people change there minds in my family so often about what it is they want. So I tend to start around August. I do a lot of internet buying too, because its easier and cheaper for me. But I do also enjoy Christmas shopping with my daughter around November. It's nice going down town, getting gifts for her friends and listening to the choirs sing.

2. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I would love to be one of those people who can shop for Christmas presents all year round. I'm pretty good at getting myself organized enough so that I don't have to fight crowds to get all my Christmas shopping done. I can definitely see how shopping all year round can save a lot of money and time. I once picked up a few Christmas gifts for my son in March and I had to safely hide them away until Christmas, it was so far from Christmas that when the time came I think I forgot to give it to him.

3. sunnyside

sunnysideActive Member

Threads:
    I am not in the habit of buying Christmas gifts when it is not yet the Christmas season. However, buying a gift here and there throughout the year is a good way of saving money as you would not have to do a whole lot of shopping all at once when it gets closer to Christmas and still have your bills to pay and food to buy. But I do not usually think about Christmas before it gets closer, like around November or so. I also enjoy doing Christmas shopping when we are in the season. I notice too that the stores would put out merchandise which make nice Christmas gifts when it is closer to Christmas. So for me, I tend to find things that are more suitable to give as gifts when I shop during the Christmas season.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You could also start planning early for Christmas. I mean right after after Christmas. There are some people who do this.

After Christmas, many retailers will try to clear out Christmas-themed merchandise because there's a possibility that stuff will not be bought. You just might save a lot of money if you did some Christmas shopping (for the next year) right after Christmas.