Christmas Shopping

Discussion in Misc & Others started by rossonomous • Oct 3, 2013.

1. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    SO where do you do your Christmas shopping?

I use to go into the town and do it all over a couple of days, but now I rarely grab anything from physical shops. I much prefer doing it all from the ease of my desk and on my computer + it's generally cheaper!

What do you guys and gals do?

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do most of my shopping at walmart but this year I have a target in town now. So I think it will be between target and walmart.

3. DealHunter1

DealHunter1Member

Threads:
    I'm usually all over the place trying to fight my way through the stores at the last minute. :rolleyes: I always plan to try and do it ahead of time, but it never works out that way. I'm so glad you brought it up because I had not been thinking about shopping online, but now it's definitely an option. I had no idea that it's somewhat cheaper. I need to work on comparing items and saving this year. It's so hard to look for the deals and bargains when you've waited too late.

LOVE & DEALS
    DH:cool:

4. kevin786

kevin786Member

Threads:
    This time I'll do my Christmas shopping Online and have good online portals in mind like expressgiftservice, walmart, amazon for this

5. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    It may be kind of silly, but i am one of those that buys things after christmas and in the beginning of the new year. It's always a lot cheaper, you already know what people want and you don't need to rush for anything.

6. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I do my shopping online or in Macy's. I usually find amazing deals at the end of the year so I normally just stock up on gifts a few months before the holiday or even the year before if I find amazing deals.

7. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I do not have one store! I go wherever there is a deal, or where I can get what I want! I do a lot at amazon, because there is free shipping, and because I earn amazon GCs from swagbucks! I also love Black Friday, and will hunt down a good deal! Recently I've been buying from sites such as groupon, to get unique gifts.

8. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    The Amazon and Swagbucks working in sync is a really good factor actually. I might have to start doing this.

9. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I did all my shopping last year at the Buffalo outlets, but I usually go to the mall (one is in Down Town Toronto and the other is not too far from where I live). I don't have a long list of children to buy gifts for, mostly teenagers so I know that they like big brand names. I usually go for things that I can get good bargains for; I was thinking of doing some online shopping this year though.

10. kevin786

kevin786Member

Threads:
    Recently I ordered

from Expressgiftservice. The cost for this was $25. In this hamper they sent

1 x Farmers Harvest Sticky Red Onion Chutney 370g
    1 x Farmers Harvest Mango Chutney 400g
    1 x Farmers Harvest Fruit Chutney 390g
    1 x Farmers Harvest Ploughmans Sweet Pickle 380g

I was really happy when I got his hamper at home.

11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do as much as possible online. As much as I love all the decorations and music everywhere; online I can shop all over the world in less time and not fight crowds and traffic in the process.

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've always just bought from physical stores, since it's not really that much of a task for me and I can buy every item I'd need in just one day. I might try online shopping a bit more this year, though, but the lack of online stores in my country makes it a lot more difficult.

13. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    You should! Why not? It's like getting free money!

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always do it when those malls have those holiday clearance sales, because the prices drop up to 50% off around that time. The downside to that would be there are lots of people in the mall, it's kinda hard to shop!

15. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    I complete my christmas shopping online as well. It is so convenient,stress and hassle free. I shop online because I can visit multiple stores at once and catch major Online Only discounts and deals.

16. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    I too have become a fan of online shopping. For me, I live 1,000 miles away from my family so shopping online and shipping to their address is much more convenient for me. I'm flying home, so carrying gifts with me on the plane would be difficult. I also seem to find more steals and deals online than in the actual store.

17. writeletters

writelettersMember

Threads:
    I do most of mine around town because I like to get out and see things, you know. I've done a bit of online shopping this year though - I like shopping online because there's such a variety of things that you can't find anywhere else.

18. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Now that it is almost Christmas, I can say that I successfully did all my shopping without any disasters this year! 80% was done online with a few bits being picked up in the shopping center.

I hope everyone else got on well!