Christmas Shopping

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by vpresson • Nov 27, 2012.

1. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So i have been doing surveys for quite awhile and of course it's nice to earn a little extra money on the side for small things but i didn't realize just how much i was able to make in a short time until now. I was looking through Amazon.com because i had gotten some Amazon gift cards and came across a lot of things that would be perfect as Christmas gifts for my husband, mother, kids and sisters. So i went ahead and added all the things i wanted to get to my cart and it was 112 bucks that was for shipping the price everything i thought man that's a lot i am going to have to put some kind of money into this i went to go cashout on my survey sites for amazon gift cards and realized i didn't have to pay a dime for any of the Christmas gifts i was getting i got everything in my cart and it's already been shipped and it's on it's way and i still have 50 dollars in amazon gift cards left. This was a great way to get Christmas gifts without any money out of my pocket. I want to know where are you doing your Christmas shopping and do you have any ways you are going to save money this year?

2. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I too have a very limited budget BUT I'm done with my shopping. I only have one to shop for this year and I was able to buy a couple items along the way. $5 here and $20 there. I too used extra money I made in a side gig to get my few gifts for my loved one. The only thing I have left is to buy a card. :)

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    This year I only have to do traditional shopping for one person: my husband. I've decided that everyone else will get a tin full of homemade cookies. This will cost money as well, and time, but it will not cost as much as if I had to buy a meaningful gift for every single person on my christmas list.

4. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Well, I did all my Christmas shopping online at a site called bidorbuy.com. I just love that site and you can score some really great deals. My Christmas shopping is practically done, I just have to wait for delivery and then wrap them and give them as gifts. Buying online saved me a lot of money as some of the items cost almost 4 times as much if I had bought it at a regular mall.

5. vpresson

Threads:
    Yay! :) It feels good to be able to sit back and be like yesss it's all done ha ha i know that's how i felt when i got mine done super early i was like yayyy time to relax at least for a little while any how :)

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    That's a wonderful feeling isn't it? I've been doing the same...there are plenty of websites that let you take surveys/do tasks/search/etc. and earn gift cards. I do a few of those as well as one that lets you deposit right into your paypal after you reach a certain amount and they're both wonderful ways to have some extra income. As far as where, I love amazon myself & with my amazon prime too it's great because 90% of things I get are shipped free 2 day shipping. I've also been into etsy lately, and of course there are places right around me...target, Michaels, etc.

7. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I do surveys and other little things as well for amazon gift cards, but unfortunately, I tend to use mine on household items and other necessities, such that there isn't any left for Christmas shopping. The upside is that the money was well spent either way, haha!

8. vpresson

Threads:

I agree that's what i am doing for the rest of my adult family members is getting them tins of popcorn or something that's what my family does every year i just shopped for my husband kids mom and sisters.

9. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yes!! I had lots of amazon GCs from swagbucks. I love that! It helps so much.

10. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    It's nice to see other Swagbucks members here. I've also earned the majority of my amazon gift cards through Swagbucks, and I'll be using them soon to buy gifts for my family. Other places I've been using to earn amazon gift cards are the Bing search rewards program and App Trailers on my iPhone. I'm also a member of MyPoints, but I find it takes a while to earn gift cards of any kind by clicking on their emails especially since I don't do online purchases through their website that earn the most points.

11. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    It is indeed a great way of making money, I spent $200 on some Christmas presents thanks to survey sites like MyVoice. :) Sponsored posts helped me pay for the rest of the presents. :)

12. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Even that turned out to be more expensive than I wanted it to be, if only because a lot of my husband's family lives on the other side of the country and the shipping costs were a little ridiculous... I'm glad to be done with it now, though. :)

13. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I'm also in the same boat. I did a side gig that went to only purchasing for my wife. I also bought our cats some stuff, but I had a $3 coupon so I only spent $1 in total for a can of gourmet natural food, salmon treats and a new ball. Although I don't condone Christmas shopping in July, I do advocate getting it done the last week of November to avoid all the crowds and expensive items.