Christmas songs all year long?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by TuRon Davis • Sep 5, 2014.

1. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I am a huge lover of the holiday spirit & I enjoy listening to Christmas music all year round. Whenever I get down, I can always lift my spirits by listening to old classic holiday songs. Do any of you ever enjoy Christmas music throughout the year?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You're awesome lol. I absolutely ADORE Christmas music! No, I have yet to listen to it year round, because I feel it would probably water down how special it is to me when Christmas finally does come around. The music is a BIG part of how happy Christmas makes me and it's all tied to childhood when Christmas was made so wonderful for me. Staying up late some nights with just the Christmas tree lit up, with a cup of hot chocolate, listening to the music and watching the snow fall outside. I don't know how the holidays feel so much different than the rest of the year, but I think the music has a hand in it for sure.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm like you.

I have a collection of children's DVDs I watch over and over. Some of the songs the kids sing are those classic Christmas songs: Joy To The World, Jingle Bells and others. Those songs are so good that I don't see any reason to wait for Christmas to come round before listening to them. In any case since I frequently watch those DVDs I can't avoid listening to those songs.

4. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I also love Christmas songs and listening to it brings a lot of happy memories to me. However, I'm not the kind of person that will play Christmas music between March and August. At least not when there's unfamiliar people around or they might think that I'm weird or too "Christmasy" lol.. :p

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The classic songs always have a feel good factor and I secretly listen to them when I am a bit down. It reminds me of a time when films were not full of violence or swearing and men were gentlemen and children were well behaved. I have a few CDs with collections and a YouTube clip is always available.

I used to work in a store and at Christmas they would play the same songs over again, you ended up singing them in your sleep which scarred me for a while.

6. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I think the only Christmas song I like is Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas if Judy Garland is singing it. It's different than normal, cheerful Christmas music, and I would listen to it all year long. I do like the Christmas holiday though. I think it's very special, but Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas has a different feel. There is other non Christmas music, certain classical pieces, that gives me the feel of the holidays.

7. jellybean

jellybeanMember

Threads:
    Most definitely! In fact, when I am working on stressful paperwork for my job I put on Christmas music, but wear headphones. It makes it go by much faster and I don't end up as stressed out and agitated when I am done. I definitely try to pick the more up beat Christmas songs, and I love the Claymation Christmas sound track.

8. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I generally only listen to music and watch Christmas shows during the holidays. I can't seem to bring myself to do it outside of that season. There's one song by Relient K I do love listening to at any time of year though. I guess you can't really say it's a Christmas song, but it does talk about Christmas.

9. iam911

iam911Member

Threads:
    I don't listen to Christmas music when it is not Christmas time. I don't like the fact that I am being reminded about a happy time that is very far from happening. On a side note, Christmas time is approaching very quickly.

10. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    LOL! I agree with you on that. I will not listen to Christmas music during odd months of the year unless I'm absolutely alone. However, I will still choose to play every now and then no matter what month of the year it is. It just the memories and how classic Christmas songs bring back the joy of the good ole days.

11. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Hell no! Christmas songs should only be played during month it shall be celebrated, because listening to songs about winter wonderland and snowman in the summertime, doesn't make any sense at all. Everything has its time and place, this is why and how it retains its qualities and reverence. I ask, would any of you like it if it was always you Christmas every single day? For example, people should watch the movie "Ground Hog Day" starring Dan Aykroyd , because it shows the craziness that shall occur when people insist on living a day or holiday, over and over and over.

12. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, my family and I love to but not really throughout the year. I mean, that would be shocking seeing as there are other events happening in various times of the year. We usually play Christmas songs beginning September all the way to December. Our cue to play such songs is when the ber months start coming along.

13. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love Christmas music, it always seems to get me in the spirit, even if it's the middle of August. I think I get it from my father, though, because he has always walked around singing Christmas songs, and I've seem to catch the Holiday bug from him.

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like Christ,as but not Christmas songs, so I don't even like hearing them in the right season. It's just not my type of cheerful music as I have a few other types that I prefer whenever I want to uplift myself. There are a few exceptions that I still like, but they are very few and most of them are contemporary and some of them don't even sound all that much like Christmas songs.

15. kitchencatlover

kitchencatloverMember

Threads:
    The Killers do some pretty fantastic Christmas music I do enjoy all year. My favorites being "Don't Shoot Me Santa Claus" and "A Great Big Sled". That being said I personally don't want to listen to "Jingle Bells" all year long or any other carol of the sort.

16. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do! I don't just enjoy Christmas song during the Christmas season. Whenever I hear them untimely, I couldn't help but get along the rhythm and the spirit. It's just that I don't intentionally listen to them. It's better that I hear them unplanned. When it happens, I feel more elated and spirited.