Chromebox

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by cluckeyo • Jun 5, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I have decided to buy another computer for my new workroom that is just now being completed. I was looking at a Chromebox. This is a Google machine. I'm so impressed with everything Google that I kind of want to give this a try. I found it at Tigerdirect.com. It is a barebones system. I already have a monitor and speakers, and I think all I will have to put with it is a keyboard,and mouse. For what I think will be a very good system. This is only going to set me back $192.00. I can pay for it with my online earnings!! Computers can be very affordable.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My friend has a Chrome book. He likes it as he doesn't have to deal with all the windows nonsense. I would like to try using it sometimes to see how functional it is. Maybe a used one would be good. I really really get tired of dealing with windows updates, and problems. It seems like a Chrome book would be a simpler and more streamlined system. It might be something better for me.

3. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I'm glad to hear your input, because I don't know much about the Chrome OS. I do know that Google don't make junk! I just learned the other day that when you sign in to Chrome browser on your various devices, they all sync up for settings, passwords, history, favorites. This is unbelievable handy! I am pretty much decided on the Chrome box.

4. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    I checked the Chromebox from ASUS, It features some integrated virus and malware protection, and has a modest 1.4GHz Intel Celeron CPU, 2GB of DDR3 RAM, Intel HD integrated graphics, and a 16GB solid state drive for incredibly-fast booting and storage. It has also 4 USB 3.0 ports that are easily accessible and an SD card slot on the side. For display connections, it offers both an HDMI and DisplayPort options. Not to shabby options out there and good enough for less than 200$. But not of the most powerful choices tho.

5. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    The one I found is similar. Definately not the most powerful. But I need this to just do simple stuff in my work room. I won't be watching a lot of videos and stuff like that. It .has a dual core processor, which is fine for my needs. I am anxious to try it. May I ask where you found this Chromebox. I would like to compare the two. The one I found is an ACER.