Cinema Discounts

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by JusApee • Apr 7, 2016.

1. JusApee

JusApeeNew Member

Threads:
    How many of you go to the cinema? I'm going a lot, especially because I have a student discount. Here, in my country, banks offer us Student Credit Cards (and I mean STUDENT, like college student, not PUPIL) which we can use every Tuesday in the cinema to get 2 tickets to whatever movie at the price of 1 discounted one. Are there any discounts like these in your country? If yes, are you using them?

2. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    These exist here but I'm not a student, so I'm not entitled to use that. We also have deals like 2 for 1 if you're with a certain phone provider though, so that can help people that aren't students to save money with going to the cinema. They also do 2 for 1 on things like pizza.

I personally don't go to the cinema anyway though as I see it as a waste of money. You don't get to keep the movie afterwards and would have to spend the same again to buy it to watch at home.. I'd rather just spend the money the one time buying the film.

3. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I only go to the second run theater. On Tuesdays they hve $1.50 movies and sell $1. You can get lunch and a movie for $3.50 and I just sneak in a can of pop. It's a great cheap date and I get to see new movies. They also have a $10 date night deal where you get two admission tickets, 2 small pop corns and 2 drinks. It's a steal!

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We do have a few select cinemas here that give discounts for college students and all you have to do is present an ID. they are usually the older cinemas though so the experience is not the best though it is still very nice and clean so it is tolerable. Also some cinemas here have cheaper tickets as a standard so we could just go to those if we wanted to save a bit, and some also offer membership cards where you could earn points or just get discounts on tickets and snacks.

5. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I do not really go to the movies all that much anymore, but that is mostly because it so expensive now. If I could find some decent and consistent coupons or discounts I really think that it would actually allow me to go out more and see some movies. Then again there is not that many good ones that seem to come out, and I am a little picky, so maybe it just doesn't matter.

6. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I hardly go to the movies these days, it's because of the easy access we have online for movies nowadays, the the new releases doesn't take long before you can stream it online and in great quality so that's what i do, stream it online. Occasionally i'd drive to the movies and watch a 3D film or IMAX.

7. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My husband can watch movies for free on depending on the free day of the city or town. In our town, it is Tuesday that senior citizens are free. However, for me, I am not yet a senior so I pay the full amount. However, there are seasons that my credit card can get me a good discount of 25% from movie tickets when I purchase 500 pesos worth from the mall's stores (the mall owns the cinemas). A really good bargain since 500 pesos is about $12 while the the cost of the ticket is half that amount.

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I must say ever since I started online work, I have very time for going to the movies, which is no big loss. I don't even remember the last time I watched a movie, even on DVD. My husband will happily watch them on DVD at home. We're both happy with that because it means we have more money to spend on going out eating from time to time :)