Cinema or home

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by BlackSolaris • Apr 7, 2013.

1. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Where do you prefer to go when you crave for some movies? Do you just go watch the latest movie that is out, or do you prefer to wait and watch it on the comfort of your own house?

Personally i prefer staying at home with friends, being able to pause the movie whenever we want and comment without bothering anyone. Of course i don't despite the experience that is going to the cinema, but i rarely go there nowadays.

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I watch from my own home. Going to the theater is just too expensive for my tastes. Even if I want to watch a new movie, at the very least I will wait until it comes out on DVD and I'll pay the few bucks to rent it instead.

3. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:

I hardly ever go to the cinema anymore it is just too expensive the tickets, the food and drink it is just crazy, I just wait for the movie to come out on Netflix,and watch it there from the comfort of my own home with my family or friends or just by myself,and I don't have to miss any parts cause I can pause it between snack and bathroom breaks, not to mention that I save over 40.00.

4. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I agree with Jessi and Dorothy - visits to the cinema are way too expensive to justify. I'd rather wait for the movie to come out on DVD, then either buy it or rent it. One thing I won't do is buy pirated copies or download movies - that's cheating everyone concerned with the making of the movie. If I'm sure from the trailers I've seen that it's a movie I'll watch time and time again, I'll buy it, otherwise I'll rent.

5. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    I will wait and then watch it at home. Sometimes i prefer to enjoy a good movie by myself.

6. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I prefer watching movies at home a billion times better. Watching a movie at the cinema is like watching a single-camera sitcom with a laugh track - annoying. I like watching whatever the heck I want in the comfort of my sofa, being able to pause and rewind the movie as many times as I want with no annoying ads.

7. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    The easiest thing for me to do when I want to watch a movie is turn on the TV. With so many channels there's usually something on that I haven't seen before. I also have a bunch of DVDs and I've watched movies online as well. It's not that I don't like going to the theater, it's just cheaper and more comfortable at home.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Me too, I prefer to watch movies at home. I think that since home theater technology has become almost at par if not at par with cinema technology, there is not much reason to go to the cinemas anymore other than for the novelty of it. At home you get the same sound quality, and sometimes even better picture quality since you are viewing the film directly on a screen rather than seeing a projected version of it. Not to mention that all theaters now are pushing 3D too much and it's almost impossible to find a movie that is just regularly being screened. I don't like 3D that much.

9. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Both. There are times when I feel the need to socialize so I go out with my girl and watch a movie at the cinema. There are also times when I feel very lazy and don't want to go out of the house. That's when DVDs and YouTube come in handy.

10. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I really like watching movies in the theater. I love the sound system and the huge screen. I like watching at home, but everything just looks better on that huge screen instead of the reformatted TV version. I just don't like the high price so I rarely go out to the cinema these days. I only watch IMAX movies at my local science center.

11. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I rather watch it at home and be comfortable with my own snacks. I hate going to the movies sometimes because it's so darn cold in there. And not to mention its very pricey.

12. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I like both equally. It is more disappointing though when the movie isn't great and you paid $11 to see it. But I usually only go to the theater when its something I really want to see and I usually find it is worth it. But I also love having movie marathons at home. I'll set up a really comfy spot and watch multiple movies at a time. Either way, watching movies is my all-time favorite past-time.

13. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Home all the time for me, I don't know about other countries but it is incredibly expensive to go to the cinema in this country, not just the ticket but the actual food and drink as well - plug the majority of people who go to cinemas in this country tend to be very rude people who talk loudly, throw popcorn or leave their phones on..

14. sharjeel

sharjeelBanned

Threads:
    i like to watch movie at my own house because here i feel comfortable,

15. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what kind of movies I will be watching. For actions, horror, and suspense movies, I would go to the movie theatre. For romance and drama, I would stay home because these kinds of movies I usually re-watch. I like going to the movie theatre with my wife because that would consider a date. I don't usually watch movies at home, so I would prefer cinema.

16. Kwizkey

KwizkeyNew Member

Threads:
    Cinema is an experience and is really the only time I get to watch films. It can be nice and cosy watching a film at home with your family or girlfriend but the cinema is always an adventure to me and something I love to do with my friends.

17. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer home. We can eat what we want without breaking the bank lol. I also have a massive tv in my room and plenty of space to hang out.. way better and more comfy than the theater,.

18. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since going to the theater is quite expensive nowadays, I also prefer to watch movies at home. I tend to rewind whenever I wasn't able to understand what the actor was saying, plus there are no noisy people around you.

19. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I definitely prefer home viewing, since I have eye problems that prevent me from watching a bright screen in the dark. So, I can't go to the cinema, even if I want to.. sadly. But at least, home viewing is more comfortable. :)

20. Banister

BanisterMember

Threads:
    As for me I prefer the theater. I love it when I can sit among guys and watch anything rather that gaping on my miniature move screen at home. I also love the sound from such systems they are bit clear and more comforting as compared to my home theater system. But sometimes it depends on the movie am watching and who am watching with…meaning I don’t always go for theaters because home can also be a great cinema place sometimes.