Cities or Nature?

Discussion in Travel started by Gelsemium • Mar 5, 2014.

1. khillis

khillisMember

Threads:
    It really depends. If you love nature like I do, you can make a trip fairly inexpensive. If you have camping gear (depending on where you live), go stay out in nature. I live in Canada, so we have tons of forest and nature reserves. You are able to bring all your own food, there are barely any accommodation costs (may be a slight fee for a camp ground). Being out in nature can be a nice break from the city.

2. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's great, but to be honest I am not very much into camping, but now that I have kids I'm starting to reconsider it because camping should be an amazing experience to them, being in touch with the nature, making a fire... I think I will try that soon enough.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like anything! To be honest it's what I'm feeling at that period. I love going to cities (like London, LA) but I also love lakeside cities (like Lake Tahoe), national parks (like Yosemite). I love historical too, I'm planning to go to Italy next time I travel!

4. Gelsemium

Threads:
    That's optimistic thinking isabbbela, comparing to be at work I also would prefer to be in London or LA, but if it's my month holidays and the money I've saved for it I rather go to the nature, I'm stuck in the city all year long, so I really love to break through from the smoke and pollution a breathe some fresh air.

5. canoe

canoeMember

Threads:
    It's best to experience both. That's why I love to go to Europe because Europe has a love of beautiful cities with also-beautiful natural landscapes nearby those cities. The US has a lot of beautiful scenery too but because the US is so humongous, it usually takes many hours of driving to reach these places from the cities. For example, going to big sur from san francisco would take 3 hours of driving. :(

6. Gelsemium

Threads:
    That's true, I once met some American tourists near Serra de Sintra (Lisbon, Portugal) and they were fascinated by my country, they said that where they live they need to drive for hours until they see a mountain or the ocean and that here we have it all in just 20km.

7. cabenb

cabenbMember

Threads:
    Well I would prefer Nature.
    I have a house with 30 acres out in the country and well all I can tell you is it's worth being 40 minutes away from anything. At night my sky is filled with bright shining stars...and in the city you can't see the stars because there's to many lights. I mean I am scared of bugs which is quite interesting.. :)
    And I never get bored with 30 acres! Especially on my days off!!

8. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I know what you mean cabenb, I'd love to live in the nature too, especially by the beach, but on the other hand the constant trips to the city (if you work there) would probably take me a couple of hours per day, it's a hard choice, having no time in a quality place or having time in the city.

9. Scottie

ScottieMember

Threads:
    city lights can't compare to the starrry and moonlit sky.....and it can't be forgiven by the wrath of the hot, blazing sun either. In the mountains, beautiful river, roaring fire, gorgeous starry night, what more could you want? I just need to move somewhere with fireflies. :)

10. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    Well I stay in the city so I would prefer nature as a break for a while. I love nature as it keep the city craziness away for a couple of days or hours while I enjoy myself.

11. Gelsemium

Threads:
    If we go away to the mountains for example for a couple of weeks when we return we can feel the air heavier and darker, that's how polluted cities are and we don't even notice it. I'm yet to make my first trip to a city, I always go to the nature, but Paris, London and Prague are already promised.

12. Gelsemium

Threads:
    If we go away to the mountains for example for a couple of weeks when we return we can feel the air heavier and darker, that's how polluted cities are and we don't even notice it. I'm yet to make my first trip to a city, I always go to the nature, but Paris, London and Prague are already promised to my wife. :)

13. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    I like nature more. I remember my grandma once told me, 'Always remember son, no matter what a human does, he cannot create something more beautiful than God did.' Whenever summer vacations arrive, I go to a place which is full of trees, lakes or rivers, farms, etc. It feels so fresh and nice.

14. Gelsemium

Threads:
    LOL, that's the simple truth maxparker, grandmothers are pretty much like kids, they are able to see the reality like it is and for me it makes total sense, I spend my days in the city, do during my holidays I prefer to go outside the cities and enjoy the nature, preferably the beach.

15. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer cities.

In my opinion Nature is extremely boring. There is nothing to do at all. I prefer cities, because there are endless possibilities. There is always something fun to do. Cities have clubs, restaurants, concerts,, events. Anything that you can think of. You will never be bored in a city.

In comparison, Camping becomes boring after the first 20 minutes.

16. Gelsemium

Threads:
    LOL, that's why there's market for everything, I'm the absolute opposite from you AB. Sure, in the cities you have the nightlife and other activities, but in the nature you have the beach, lakes, hikings, loads of sports, not boring at all. I don't fancy camping too much either though.

17. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    I also like all the things but my focus to see the natural beauty things like lake, island, water falling and many others because every person have its own wish some are disagree with me I vote for me..

18. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer nature. I have lived in the city my whole life and frankly, I am tired of the hustle and bustle of city living. I enjoy going to provinces here in my country because it is very quiet there. There are so many trees and the weather is much colder. The air is also very fresh compared to the polluted air of the city. In the future, I look forward to retiring in rural areas.

19. Gelsemium

Threads:
    After spending the whole of August in the beach and the country I have renewed my preferences for nature. No doubt that is awesome to park the car and spend the whole week on foot, going to the beach, eating at home or nearby, shopping in the closest place, not driving, more relaxing for me does not exist.