Citronella Vs Mosquito

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Alexandoy • Jul 14, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For those living in tropical countries like us, you can understand when I say that the mosquito is one pest that is really pesky. It is very irritating when you are on the computer and concentrating when a mosquito would bite you. The bite would be itchy and it can really ruin your concentration. Citronella is like a tall grass, maybe it is a kind of reed, that you can plant in pots. Place the pots inside the living room and you are free of mosquitoes. My sister-in-law is advising us to have citronella in our home because mosquitoes come during the rainy season. She said it is effective in their home. Now we are looking for some planting materials.

2. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Citronella is what we call lemongrass, I have it growing in my pot. It does help to keep mosquitoes away and I can also use it to flavour my tea. Even planting marigolds and basil plants around the house will keep mosquitoes away. You can try them too, your problem of mosquitoes will be solved and you can also enjoy the lovely, bright flowers when the plants bloom.

3. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    You could also try a tiki torches but I heard they are not very effective for mosquitos-but they do say that any kind of breeze would be effective-so you could maybe place a fan on your porch to keep those pesky insects away. You could put some camphor tablets down in various places inside your house also,and place them in any room and they will evaporate after a few days and help keep the mosquitos away and make your air fresher as well.