Claw Hair Clips

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Juno • Jan 17, 2015.

1. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I use claw hair clips a lot and they always break after a while. Does anybody use a brand that lasts a long time?

2. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    Instead of claws try switching to the type of hair clip that you use a stick to hold in place. It is like a barrette except you run a small stick thingy under the section you want to secure and up through a hole or slot in the main part. They come in all sorts of sizes and styles.

I had a similar problem with barrettes and clips, they would pull out hair that got caught in the mechanism and then just break. Some hair care products seemed to loosen the glues and they would then break or fall out. Here is a picture of what I am talking about, some are very pretty. Some are more plain. the pin portion in this one is flexible, some are very stiff.

hair_fastener.

Attached Files:

3. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    I have one that I have had for almost two years, using it 2-3 times per week. It's this one:

I will be sad when it breaks but it's really inevitable, isn't it? I treat it VERY gently, never grabbing at it or throwing it anywhere it will be crushed. I clip it around things to store it, like my purse strap, rather than put it inside. I found that many of my clips that died more quickly died because of something I had done to them rather than an inherent problem with them. I step on them, crush them in the bottom of my purse, or have them tangled with other hair ties so they break when I try to get them apart. In one memorable incident, one fell out of my purse and got run over by a car. Oops!

4. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They don't last long for me either. The spring tends to fall out or one of the claws breaks off. I do prefer them to hairbands though, mainly because they are kinder to the hair. I only ever buy cheap ones though, as I do have a tendency to lose them.

5. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    This seems like a neat little item and it's pretty. I like this idea. Particularly because it will prevent my hair from being pulled out. I have been having a big problem with getting my hair caught in the claws ever since my hair has been growing longer. Thanks for the tip!

Attached Files: