Closing Sale Of Bread - 50% Discount

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Corzhens • Aug 20, 2016.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The French Baker outlets in Metro Manila are always having the closing sale of their bread and pastries. The closing time is 10pm and 1 hour before that, they hold a sale of 50% discount. The rationale is to sell all the bread instead of going stale on the next day because their motto is freshly-baked bread for the day so they do not sell old bread. There is a long line to the counter even some 15 minutes before 9 pm when the sale starts.

2. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Wow, that sounds amazing! I wish I was in Manila right now. A lot of my friends have told me to take a vacation in the Philippines because I could use the US Dollar and it would go a long way. I love bread that is on sale. I usually use it for bread crumbs or I freeze it and chop it up to put it in casseroles or stuffing.

3. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Same is true in my area. I don't know if it's the same French Baker but they do hold big discounts for their bread which are nearing their expiration dates. Whenever I am at the grocery store where it is located, I would never miss buying bread from that area and I would also sometimes look into the breads which are on sale. I think this is a good practice for bake shops in ensuring their customers that they only serve fresh quality breads. :)

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's been ages since I have been to French Baker. I used to see a shop in the SM mall nearest my place, but now it seems to be gone now. Or maybe they just relocated? I dunno. I missed eating their muffins. I guess when I'm around the mall during closing time I will try to find them so that I can get a discount too.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh, aren't you the lucky one, @Corzhens@Corzhens! I wish we had some fantastic French boulangeries or even proper cafes here that sell lovely bready products like muffins, gorgeous pastries and different types of bread. That's something we could really do with, a gaping hole in the market. Those food items aren't quite what they should be here, sadly :(

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been seeing that French Baker in SM malls and also in some Robinsons malls. I don't think it will be gone because that bakery shop is having good business anywhere. If you are saying about Megamall, they have moved to the upper level, I think it is 3rd or 4th floor in front of Dad's Restaurant. They're still holding that 50% discount by 9 pm. I was there last month but unfortunately the queue was very long and it was just 8:30 pm so that would need my patience so we left for home.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How about dropping there at almost 10 PM so that you won't have to wait very long? I'm pretty sure by that time there won't be that much people in the queue.

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The closest we get is when the supermarkets reduce the prices an hour or two before closing. I have got loaves for 9p, cornbread, ciabatta, potato cakes, croissants, and flatbreads. You have to be quick as people grab them and wait for the staff to reduce them further. I tend to freeze excess, and put everything else in the fridge to eat for the week.