Cloth Diapers

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by YorkshireLass • Oct 2, 2012.

1. YorkshireLass

YorkshireLassMember

Threads:
    I am looking into using cloth diapers for my little one, due in the not so distant future! The newer shaped ones look much easier to use than the terry toweling squares, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with any of them? There seem to be quite a few types to choose from!

2. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    I've been using cloth diapers for my son since he was 3 months old. He's now 19 months old. Our stash includes modern cloth nappies - mostly pocket diapers and just a few diaper covers and prefolds. We have a couple of Fuzzibunz and Kawaii - all in one size. These are what we've been using ever since we've started CDing and they still have room to grow, although the Fuzzibunz are being used on the largest setting already - I think I might have to replace those pretty soon. Have I known that I could make my own cloth diapers, I would have just done that instead. And if I'm to have another baby, I would just used prefolds plus covers because I think they're more economical and easier to use than pockets.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    They are SO much better now. Seriously, I would recommend some of the newer models to anyone. Sure, you might still have some leak issues, but not any more than you would with disposables. And they're adorable and cheap in comparison, too, so not much reason not to use them.

4. englerja

englerjaMember

Threads:
    I have been using cloth diapers for 6 years now (between 3 kids). I think many cloth diaper users tend to go full circle. In the beginning I was very opposed to the "old school" prefolds and pins. I started my diaper stash for my oldest with 2 dozen pocket diapers. They offer a waterproof outer, an absorbant insert that you stuff into the diaper and they have snaps or velcro so they really go on just like a disposable diaper. When my second was born I branched out a bit more and tried some fitted diapers which are much like the pockets but they do not have the absorbant outer so you have to put on a cover. When my 3rd was born I had tried most of the diaper types out there and realized that I actually love the old school prefolds with wool covers. They wash much easier, they are cheap, they are pretty much all natural materials so they didn't irritate her sensitive skin and there is just something sweet and timeless about a baby in a nicely pinned prefold diaper.

5. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    I have been cloth diapering my daughter for about 15 months now. I started using cloth diapers on her when she was 5 months old. I have tried lots of different diapers, from modern all-in-ones to "old school" flats. Honestly, I really love flats. Once you get used to folding, they are easy to work with. I fold them and lay them in a Flip cover, no pins required. They are also significantly cheaper than other styles and wash and dry quite easily. I would suggest looking into a trial program. I tried out a variety of different cloth diapers through Jillian's Drawers when I was trying to decide what would work best on my daughter.