Clothes Or Food

Discussion in Misc & Others started by tallulah • Jul 27, 2017.

1. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I love traveling so much that I usually say that if traveling was for free, I probably wouldn't meet the same people again. :D In relation to food, I am completely crazy about them (well... except fish :p).

2. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I think it should be fairly common for people to spend more on food because we need to eat several times a day and we can get sick if we eat low quality food or skip meals frequently. On the other hand, although we use clothes on a daily basis, we only need to buy them a few times and wearing cheap clothes will generally not make us sick.

3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I definitely spend more on food, and I am glad too. I have just never been a big fashion person or into clothes, so usually things can last me a long time before I need to replace them.

4. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I will go with what is necessary and needed at current time. Lol.

If I have extra money to spend on and I have to choose between them then I will go for some delicious food kind of pizza. I am not more interested in fashion and clothes. Though it is depend on person. So this is my personal choice. Normally I will go for any one which is required.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Shine_Spirit@Shine_Spirit I also subscribe to your views and @Kimika@Kimika I wish I could go out to meet my customers in jeans and cheap shirts but as the things are we have to buy all kind of clothes for all kind of occasions. However, I buy clothes in a limit and use them fully. I am lucky that I travel a lot for official purpose and my company pays for traveling.

6. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    Too bad I eat mostly fish and veggies. I love grilled milk fish I can eat it all week LOL! Well for me if travelling is free, I would travel together with friends I meet along the way.

7. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, that must be nice. Though it would be a lotm ore fun if it was a vacation instead of work LOL! Hmm, I had the same problem when I was still in sales. I had to shop for fancy clothes so I can wear something whenever I would meet a big client. But since I usually just stay at home and do not work in such field anymore, I'm okay with just jeans and shirts.

8. Shine_Spirit

Threads:
    You can keep all the fish in the world for you. Be happy! :p About the travels, I think I prefer to travel alone and meet new people along the way. :cool:

9. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Food definitely! I don't spend a lot on clothes or make up or anything in between, but I spend most of my money on food, that's why it's really hard for me to lose weight ugh! :( Anyway, I think it depends on a person which is more important for them or depends on their priorities. I've known people who spends more on cosmetics and anything about fashion than food, and their totally happy about it :)

10. Shine_Spirit

Threads:
    Oh, what a lucky! This is great for you! :)

Unfortunately society has created many kinds of segregation and we have to adapt to them, even in the clothing aspect (which is something pretty boring in my opinion :rolleyes:).

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Shine_Spirit@Shine_Spirit it might be so (boring) but that's how things stand as I must confess that marketing/sales is no lesser than show business. As the old saying goes your first impression is the last impression so we, the marketing people have to buy formals but as far I am concerned I cover the cost of my formal expensive clothes by buying cheaper clothes for other places. :)

12. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I tend to spend more money on food, it is not as expensive as clothes and in my opinion is more important. I have just enough clothes for myself and don't need to buy new clothing everyday. Food is something that I need and something that can actually expire.

13. Shine_Spirit

Threads:

I have a friend who works in the same field as yours, and from what he usually comments to me: it's really a job that can sometimes be very annoying. :oops: It's not my kind of thing. :)

14. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    True, it is really very annoying at times and you would probably laugh if I tell you that there are times when I come back to my hotel so frustrated after meeting my clients that I simply through my one shoe in that corner and the other one in other corner and my briefcase on the bad with full force. Maybe that is on reason I have to keep an extra pair of suit when I go on tours.

15. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @kenzhoui25@kenzhoui25 I think most of us buy more food stuff compared to clothes and other fashion stuff so it's not surprising for me. As far I am concerned I buy everything as much as I need and I am neither a foodie nor over fashionable. I eat to live and I dress to cover and according to my needs.

16. Shine_Spirit

Threads:
    Hahahaha... I think this is a therapeutic way you have found to get rid of the feeling of frustration. But do you at least like to travel? I think this should be the fun part, right? :p

17. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Shine_Spirit@Shine_Spirit Yes, how to get rid of frustration was part of the training during my business school course for marketing professionals so that our blood pressure remains under control LOL. I was amazed as a new recruit when I first watched my Asst GM doing this on our return to hotel and I thought he had gone mad especially when he used too many bad words when talking with juniors. but later he confessed that it was his own method of getting rid of frustration and he even offered us drinks for his bad behavior (you know what I mean).

18. Shine_Spirit

Threads:
    The methods that each person can develop on their own to deal with their own frustrations can be very interesting, right? Haha! :D

Each being a human has in mind a very particular world. This is kinda crazy sometimes.

19. Malibeast

MalibeastMember

Threads:
    My circumstances are such that I spend more money on food than I do on clothes. It really depends on your salary, and on how many dependents you have, in my opinion. If you live alone, and you earn a substantial income, there's only so much food you can consume -- unless you're an outright glutton. And so, the more you earn, the more money you have to spend on things other than necessities -- things like clothes. Food must always be the first priority, though.

20. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    I eat a lot so most of my money is spent on food. Junk food, good food, fast food, gourmet food, it doesn't matter. Home cooked or from a restaurant, I love them all. For me, I can spend the money with no regret as long I have spent it on food.