Clothes Or Food

Discussion in Misc & Others started by tallulah • Jul 27, 2017.

1. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I always spend more on food even when I was working in office full time and required to dress formally, I am not a person who would like to spend or buy much clothes. I am always happy with the few that I feel comfortable wearing, and I can wear them for years. Since I became a stay at home mom, I rarely buy clothes anymore as I am always just wearing the same t-shirts.

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @kaka135@kaka135 To be very frank, I never was a foodie or big eater but you can put me in the category, "Eat to live type" rather than "Live to eat". And that's perhaps the reason I have stayed the same weight for almost 20+ years (a kg here or there) I do not eat out much unless it's must and even if it is I prefer simple vegetarian food. As far clothes are concerned I buy them as and when I need them according to ocassion.

3. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    In my family, the food is more important than buying the clothes. We have one kid and one is coming, the bills are very expensive and the life is not cheap at all, so we decided that food is in the first place, the rest is coming after.

4. zolzarr

zolzarrMember

Threads:
    I personally think that there is a need to prioritize based on our budget. Food is important as it helps us to maintain our health. As for clothing, it depends on your job. I spend more on food compared to clothes as I can buy my clothes during seasonal sales.

5. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I guess I am also the "eat to live type" of person too. Especially after I became a stay-at-home mom, my friends always amazed at how "simple" I can be with our meals at home. Well, I am not that type of person who would spend much time figuring out what to cook and cooking in the kitchen while I am focusing in something else, moreover our whole family are happy with eating simple food. I like to prepare simple vegetarian food too though we are not vegetarian, as they are easier to prepare and I consider them healthier too. :)

While comparing between food and clothes, we still buy food or groceries weekly, but I haven't been buying clothes for perhaps more than two years. :D

6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Of course food is way more important than clothes, so needless to say, I spend more money on food. If your work requires you to wear a uniform then you can save more money since you won't have to buy clothes as much as compared to an occupation that does not have a uniform.

7. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I don't spend much on clothes. That's the one thing I sacrifice. Nonetheless, to impress a lady, sometimes you have to engage in style. Anyway, food is a bigger concern, but actually web development is a bigger one - often draining me out!