Clothes - who chooses?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Jennifer • Jul 4, 2012.

1. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    I know of some people that allow their husband/boyfriend to choose their clothes for them. I don't mean just occasionally, but all the time. My husband knows that he mustn't interfere when it comes to buying my clothes. The only input he has is to give me his bank card to do so. :D I do however ask his opinion, from a man's point of view, if I am not sure if a certain style suits me or not. If he thinks it doesn't I normally return it to the store.

How about you? Do you prefer doing your own clothes shopping or do you enjoy allowing your better half to take over the responsibility to do so?

2. Lucian

LucianNew Member

Threads:
    Same is the case but I little care about his choice while buying. My hubby ask me to wear dark colors so I normally buy dark colors with style of my choice. But I let him make choice while buying lingerie :p

3. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I purchase my own clothing, but my fiancee purchases me clothes on holidays, like Christmas. The same thing goes with my fiancee, but I usually buy her pieces of clothing throughout the year, the other day I bought her a dress from Land's End. I always like to go clothes shopping by myself because I'm fast, while my fiancee takes her time.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I would never have a guy pick out and choose all my clothes. :S

I do appreciate some input or feedback on new items or things going well together, but I'm still going to wear whatever I want. I can't imagine having someone else do that for me.

5. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    For years my mom tried buying me clothes. Of course, when I was a child there was no other choice, but since I could do this alone, she should've stopped. I didn't like anything she bought me herself. She's a prisoner of fashion, I hate it. I don't like top clothes.
    But her sister, my aunt, has been great at this. She's always could choose clothes I liked.
    However, I can't imagine anyone choosing clothes for me each time. I don't like shopping but it's me who's going to put those clothes on so it's my, my own choice, isn't it?

6. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I'm with Jessi. I don't think I could even be with a guy who tried to tell me how to dress. That's something I take great pride in doing myself, and I see no reason why someone else should do it for me. I do appreciate being told I look nice or bad in a certain outfit, but I draw the line at being told what to wear.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would never date a guy who tried to dictate what I wear. That's a bit much. I wouldn't dictate what his clothes either.

8. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I can't imagine ever letting my husband go clothes shopping for me. I'd be terrified to think about what he'd come back with. I do all the shopping. I get a little nervous sending him to the grocery store. I'd ask him to get avocados, and he'd come back with avocado flavored doritos.

9. adriana2012

adriana2012New Member

Threads:
    I like to go shopping by my own, because these way I can stay as long as I want and none can influence my decisions.
    Sometimes I like doing things on my own and this is one of them.
    Shopping alone is my favorite way to relax.
    When I want some time for myself I go shopping....
    Although most girls like shopping with other girls I don't, I prefer choosing my own clothes...
    My boyfriend is not the shopping type, so in this area we get along very well

10. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    My partner bought me several clothing items when he was away on a business trip and twice when he was out with the kids, and I stayed home. He's the only man I know that gets it right all the time. When we go shopping together, we will choose whatever we want and ask each other for opinions. However, he doesn't force me into buying something that isn't my style and vice versa.

11. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I choose and buy my own clothes, I also prefer shopping alone because my husband didn't have the patience to go from one shop to another. I always ask his opinion about the clothes that i wear because i want to look good for him. Sometimes he gets really irritated with my questions but still he never fails to say what I want to hear. Lol!

12. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer to do my own shopping, but his input from time to time is greatly appreciated. Also, my fiance does okay on his own when he buys me clothes as a gift. Some of the clothing he has purchased for me is beautiful and it fits perfectly.

13. melissa93

melissa93New Member

Threads:
    I always pick, and choose. But if I am with my boyfriend I will ask his opinion. I always like to get a guys opinion. If my boyfriend isn't around I will sometimes ask someone else in the store. They are your best bet anyway, because you know they will tell you the truth.

14. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    No way I would let my hubby or anyone else for that matter. My taste vary, it depends on my mood at the time. Plus I like to look around before making purchases. More and more I have been buying clothes on the Internet, so I can browse longer before making a purchase.

15. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I tend to go clothes shopping with my neighbour, who has a good eye for what will suit me, and is refreshingly honest about what doesn't work. However, on a couple of occasions when we've been out together, he's suggested something would suit me, and even if I've disagreed, I've gone along with it and tried it on, and he was right.

However, he doesn't like shopping of any description - he'd rather stick pins in his eyes than hit the mall - so it's not very often I benefit from his advice. He never tries to tell me what to wear, although he does make a point of complimenting me when he thinks I look particularly good, which is nice.

16. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I would take opinions and suggestions from my partner about my clothing but I would not just let her choose whatever she wants for me. I still choose what I think is the best for me but when she gives me something to wear, I am confident that it is something good on me.

17. ssamcd

ssamcdMember

Threads:
    I use to by clothes for all the children, myself and my husband. Now my husband will pick out his own clothes to buy. When the kids were little he worked all the time and really never shopped. If he was looking for a suit he would pick it out but that would be all. Of course when the kids got older they started picking out their own clothes. I am still waiting for someone to start buying all my clothes. I do not see that ever happening.

18. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I love going clothes shopping with my partner. He has a very good eye and excellent taste in clothing. He also gives me very honest feedback as to how I look in it. I return the favor and go clothing shopping with him too. It is a fun outing that we love sharing. (-: We make a day of it.

19. markhanah

markhanahNew Member

Threads:
    According to me designer clothing is best way to follow latest fashion. Here I get best details about fashion. When ever I choose clothing for us than I liek to use this all tips. So I get nice result for fashionable clothing

20. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I definitely choose my own clothes. While I appreciate input from time to time, I don't think it should be up to my partner to choose my clothes all the time. That's just weird for me. I wouldn't choose his clothes either.