Clothes - who chooses?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Jennifer • Jul 4, 2012.

1. cmarten

cmartenMember

Threads:
    Why on earth would anyone let their boyfriend or husband choose all their clothing for them? Sounds like a control freak to me! It is basically saying that your opinions and tastes don't matter, and you should submit to him as if you are his personal dolly who is there only to please him.

That being said, I think people of both sexes should sometimes try to dress or look in a way that pleases their significant other just to be nice. Someone above mentioned letting their husband pick out lingerie. That's a great way to add some spice in the relationship.

2. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    No way, he doesn't know what I like and doesn't know what colors I want to match whatever it is that I am buying. My ex would let me buy his clothes and I hated that but when a man can't match his colors well then what can you do. I was the over all shopper at my house for the kids and all. Now, I do not like to shop for anything but I have to sometimes. I try to stay away from the mall and any other store unless it's a must.

3. allanwetson

allanwetsonNew Member

Threads:
    Designer clothing is great and easiest way to become more fashionble and advance. There are many tips for choose prefect clothing like prefer famous brand, latest design,style, new colour, do online shopping and many more.

4. youna

younaNew Member

Threads:
    You are so happy. When I want to buy clothes, I hardly ask my boy friend's opinion. :p

5. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I really don't think no one can pick for me. I like certain things and no one can do that for me. I match all my clothes in different ways and the may want to buy a dress that I don't even like or a blouse that I don't like. So to be on the safe side, I'd rather pick my own clothes.

6. almari_011

almari_011Member

Threads:
    I definitely choose my own clothes. It's my own style so whether he likes it or not, he's got no choice. Plus I'm more happy and thankful whenever he compliments my clothes without having him to pick so. :)

7. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    That is so strange. I wouldn't think that a girl would let a guy choose their clothes. I would think that it may be the opposite way around but I am not sure if I know any girl who would let their guy pick out any of their clothes for them. I know I wouldn't. I don't even pick out my own husband's clothes. One in a while he will ask if I like something and I will give my opinion but after that I will say, "it isn't me wearing it, it's you. So you have to like it and feel comfortable in it." Usually he goes with his instinct if he likes something or not.

8. Gift3d

Gift3dMember

Threads:
    Speaking as a man, When I go shopping with my girlfriend the only thing I choose is where to sit. She always asks my opinion on things but even if I don't think it looks good she ALWAYS says "well I think it looks cute"

As for me, I get my clothes from Walmart and don't care :) Takes me like 5 Mins to go find a pair of pants or a couple shirts Lol. I chose my own tho... Might be why I don't look the best :p

9. alisa

alisaNew Member

Threads:
    I choose my best collection cloths by my own. It's my own style and I match each and every clothes in different ways and the may need to perches a dress that I don't even like or a blouse that I don't like.

10. fishyfinz

fishyfinzMember

Threads:
    I prefer buying my own clothes as I'm very selective about what I wear. I think it would be a total waste of money if someone else had to buy clothes for me and I would end up not liking what they've bought. Its best that I go to a store, try what I like and then buy it.

11. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to choose my own clothes since I'm going to be the one who will be wearing it. However, I won't say no to clothes that will be given to me for free even if it doesn't fit my body just yet. I'm still kind of in the growing stage and I can alter my body anytime I want to by exercising so yeah. Free is always good for me. :D

12. Yuvastyleindia

YuvastyleindiaMember

Threads:
    Well I choose my own clothes. As per my opinion we can choose the best one for ourselves. I always choose clothes from online shopping store as it is more easy for me to choose from e-store. They provides the good description for the clothes and I get the trendy collection from such.

13. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    I'll ask my boyfriend to help me choose clothes/shoes/accessories if I'm looking for something I haven't already found. If I've already found something I want, I'll show it to him and ask his opinion on it. He's not like most guys who don't like shopping with women, so shopping with him is really fun and we both have the same style, so that's always nice. :)

14. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer to choose my own clothes. I like to be comfortable in my clothes but I still have to be professional in my appearance. My oldest daughter has a good eye for fashion but often will get me something that is a little to out there for me. She often tells me to loosen up.

It is nice to be told you look good in your clothes. The fashion jury would have a good time with me, I need to restyle myself.

Now I want to go shopping:)

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think anyone would prefer other people to choose their clothes for them, and if there someone out there that does, then that's pretty weird. Anyway, I prefer to choose my own clothes, obviously because dressing up should please you, and you should not dress up to please other people.

16. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I choose my own clothes 99% of the time and it would annoy me to no end to have someone else doing it constantly. I love my husband, I appreciate his opinions and input and want to look good for him, but I don't need someone dressing me all the time! I do let him pick occasionally, though ;).