Clothes you don't need

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Bolt • Jan 21, 2013.

1. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I use to be guilty of that when I was working for a big company and money wasn't really a concern of mine. Nowadays however since I opted to work from home after I had our third child I've had to put a stop to such behavior. Now I have plan for the things I need to buy so that the family budget isn't negatively affected. I'll usually take in more projects to save up and that puts a stop to impulsive buying since you have to work harder to buy it.

2. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree, having responsibilities means you have to be sensible with your money and impulse buying is not an option for many people. However, when it is a real steal it's hard to turn down the offer, even if you don't NEED it.

3. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

Yeah i do sometimes i can't help myself any time i go to a store a walk out with atleast one outfit even tho i don't need it i love sales what can i say lol

4. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I am guilty of this! I bought a skirt that was half off, just because it was half off. I figured that everyone could use a black skirt, but I have yet to wear it once. I might wear it sometime this week just because now I feel so silly for admitting that. I definitely do this with shoes too.

5. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know people who buy multiple items in the same style. A friend of mine has 6 field jackets and they all look more or less the same. I'm not one for buying multiple items in the same style. I prefer to diversify and buy styles I don't own :).

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do have some clothes here that I bought just because they were on sale, but they don't really fit me comfortably, but I still bought them because I was thinking that they will fit perfectly when I get to lose weight. I also bought 3 earphones in one week just because I tried bidding on Ebay on different models of earphones and I emerged as the winner of 2 auctions. I obviously don't need 3 earphones, but since they are cheaper if you bid on it as opposed to buying them directly, then I can't resist the tempting small discount.

7. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've made the same mistake buying ill-fitting clothes. You see an item you really like and it is at a bargain price but deep down you know it will not fit. I bought a jacket and I knew the sleeves would be slightly too long but I bought it anyway. I've only worn it twice.