Clothing Swaps

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by LeopardJones • Apr 16, 2015.

1. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Anyone else ever done a clothing swap? Or are you interested, but you’ve never taken the plunge?

I’m lucky enough to have a couple of friends in Europe who are about the same size as I am. A few years back, we started discussing our unworn clothing and decided to start swapping it with one another, since it was just taking up space in our wardrobes. I’ve gotten a few of my favorite items this way. I wish I could do more swaps here, but most of my friends are vastly different sizes from me and from one another. If you do have some friends who are around your size, I can wholeheartedly recommend trying a clothing swap.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Swapping clothing certainly can help someone save a decent amount of money. My sister and some of her cousins are almost the same build and since they spent much of their childhood together they are great friends and I've seen them exchange clothing.

That doesn't someone who doesn't have friends or family interested in swapping clothes are the only ones who can take advantage of this. There this site where people swap clothes:

Dig N' Swap is the easiest and fun way to swap fashionable clothing and accessories with people who share your passion for fashion.

I don't know if you have to pay fees for swapping.

3. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I have no problem with swapping anything. All thru school my mother had us and some of our family members to swap cloths. I think it ok to swap items that are swappable. Things like prom dresses and wedding dress , shoes etc are good way to save money and time.

4. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    That’s a super handy link. Looks like there’s a 99 cent fee for a swap, but that’s pretty reasonable. Only thing I can’t determine is if it’s available to be used internationally. I’ll have to share it with people I know around here though, for sure. Maybe they’ll be able to strike it as lucky as I did with the swaps I’ve done!