CloudCrowd

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Sugarhill • May 25, 2012.

1. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    All you need is a Facebook and a Paypal account. You work from home, you work on your own schedule and at your leisure.

It's like Amazon Mechanical Turk and Clickworker. They have various tasks that you can do and you get paid to do them, but from what I can see, they are paying more to do them. For example, you write a 300-500 word article at .03 a word and .84 to take the task. The 300 word article will pay you $9.84 and the 500 word article will pay you $15.84.

Even if there are things that need to be changed, they have editors that review the work and help you, so you'll always get paid for something. They also have different categories of work. I've seen as low as something quick for .02 all the way up to the writing assignments, which go higher than the example I gave you.

They have different credentials that you can try to obtain, but unlike Clickworkers, if you fail, you can come back the next week and try again. So, you'll always have the chance to get work. Oh, if you speak French, I think I saw a credentials test that paid you to pass.

It took me five minutes to get one credential last night.

You need the Facebook account because you work through their app with Facebook.

Best thing about this job? You get paid daily as there is no minimum payout.

If you want to check it out.

Good luck, you can't fail.

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    A friend referred me to CloudCrowd last week. It took her a few days to find her way around there, but she's now earning around $10 a day in her spare time. I was a bit annoyed about the credentials tests - I passed the comprehension one with no trouble, but there was a problem with the writing one, and the keywords I was given were different to the ones the test checker had, so I failed it. I've asked for a peer review, but it's been almost a week now, so I may just take the test again. It's the writing jobs I'm really interested in - they pay much better than most sites.

3. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried this place and I haven't made any money yet. Their editors are way too picky, and if you miss one comma they will fail you. I completed the comprehension test and received a 4 rating. Then I tried the marketing test and I failed 3 times. The editors were finding one mistake in a 300 word article, and they give me a fail. I think that's a bit harsh. After that I decided that CloudCrowd isn't for me.

4. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I joined CloudCrowd about a year ago or so, but have still not taken their tests or anything, I have just not had the time. I may actually re-visit it, now that I have read this thread. Many of the cloud working sites are quite tiresome, but some are very good indeed. Thank you for reminding me of them. (-:

5. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Really? I'm sorry that you guys aren't having success with them the credentials. I obtained three within 24 hours and I have two more to go. Even still, there are other tasks that you can do without those credentials and make a lot more than all the point to click sites and some of the other things that I've read about. Even on Amazon MTurk, I could find things that would make my half hour or hour worthwhile.

6. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I've used before and the most I could make a day was $3.50, with hours of work. It was't worth it so I quit.

7. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I have to see how it goes as time goes by. So far, I've had no complaints. Even if I couldn't get the writing assignments, I'd still keep using it. I don't know of another site where I can do work on one day and get paid the next, no matter how much or little I did. You don't even have to request payment!

Oh well, I keep you updated on my progress.

8. ljepilo

ljepiloActive Member

Threads:
    The website is just not worthy to join there. The rates aren't really high...

9. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    This is something weird that happened with CloudCrowd the other day. I was disabled a few months ago because my credibility dropped, but just last Friday, Thursday, Wednesday and Tuesday I got 4 new payments from CloudCrowd (2 worth $0.01 each and 2 other $0.17 each). I know it's nothing but a few cents, but I can't help wondering why they're sending me that money now.

10. Brendan

BrendanMember

Threads:
    I have tried this website, but have had no luck with it! Actually, I am a bit disappointed by it. All of the tests you have to take in order to do anything that is paid, are ridiculous. I have tried multiple times to pass these tests, and have failed just about every time. I have given up, and moved onto other money making websites.

11. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried this long time ago with my facebook account and I have made some bucks. This is a good site to earn some bucks especially to those who wants to work at home. The tasks are very easy. You can edit documents, categorize things and if you are good in multiple language, you can also do translations. There are a lot of tasks you can do here if you have more time.

12. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Their rates are comparable, if not better than Amazon MTurk for the tasks that you don't need a credential for and as far as the writing, the feedback is rather immediate, so you'll know if your work was approved and you'll get paid without having to wait around. Even if one of the editors have to check your work, you still get paid. I don't know of another site that will allow that. Maybe you do and would be willing to tell us about it?

Did you have some referrals? Maybe they did some work and you were paid?

I'm sorry to hear that. Well, you have to admit, they give you four chances to attempt them which is more than Clickworkers.

Okay, so it's a matter of whether you can see the potential! You and I see the potential and have made it work for us. I knew I wasn't imagining things. I don't know of a site where you work from home and you don't have to put in some effort to make it pay off.

13. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    I like the site but since I don't write for money nor am I going to start doing it so this site is not a good one for me to earn money with. I like Clickworker which is similar but the jobs are easier and there's more variety. They pay every Friday automatically so that's something to look forward too. I just signed up for this other task site called MobileWorks which is similar to task sites, will probably work on it today or tomorrow and see how that one goes.

14. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Now, this makes sense. If you don't do or like to do most of the tasks that CloudCrowd has to offer, then it won't work for you. Do you do anything with Amazon MTurk? Also, will you let us know how MobileWorks turns out?

15. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you! The site sounds interesting. I write for other paid writing sites so I may look into it and see how it goes.

16. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Not a problem at all. You can also do some editing for them if you want to take a break from writing. It's been going well for me thus far and I have no complaints. Hope it works out for you.

17. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Didn't think of that, that could be it! But my account was actually disabled. I thought I wouldn't get any more money because of that.

BTW, their credibility system sucks. You can have a very high credibility, but from a single task rated by some idiot, you can end up banned.

18. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Heh. I'm sorry that you had such a problem with the site, but I've had a really good run. I guess some things work out better for others.

19. freemind_76

freemind_76Member

Threads:
    I was a member of CloudCrowd a few years back, then I went inactive. Just recently, I tried logging in but unfortunately, it seemed my account was disabled. I used to check the validity of the websites and my earnings basically came from those kind of tasks.

20. Belindafierce

BelindafierceMember

Threads:
    Overall, I've found Cloud Crowd to be a waste of time. I made very little and I had to take a qualification test for pretty much every hit there. I found that they didn't pay very well for the work either. This is just my opinion but I suggest staying far away from Cloud Crowd if you value your time.