CloudCrowd

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Sugarhill • May 25, 2012.

1. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    CloudCrows is honestly pretty useless. They don't pay much, and they have a mess of things. Often you get your job refused even though it's obviously the only right choice, and there is barely enough work to get any good money.. I'd recommend people to not bother with it, it's probably the most useless money-making site I've tried.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have difficulty finding available work on Cloudcrowd, but I did get paid once before for the easiest work in there, those were the ones that you check out the validity of the websites. Maybe when I have some spare time I will try to be active there again since I'm busy working on other sites nowadays.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Interesting, thanks for bumping this thread. I didn't see this thread earlier. It seems like only the OP had a positive experience with this website. Still, I will be checking it out.

4. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I joined and took up the test scored well on both, but their instructions are pathetic. I took up a research jobs and blew them. There is no tutorial or proper instructions for some jobs and even if you do one badly your credibility score drops. I wish they had some kind of built in tutorials there for all jobs, life would be easier.
    The best part is they pay you the same day. Their forum is awful if you post a question you never get answers or help. I also read that appeals don't really work.

5. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I can certainly vouch for CloudCrowd. I was working there before I found my current job. I must admit that the rates there are pretty low if you already found a job that can pay higher but there was a time when CloudCrowd was paying 0.08$ per task done and I managed to capitalize on that. I think I made about 25$ there before I looked for another job since I got suspended frequently because of poor task reviews.

6. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I think this is a waste of time. There's no way that it would be worth my money at all.

7. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    Most of the reviews I have read state that you can't make decent money on Cloudcrowd. If you have a few extra hours to make pocket money you can find better options. You can't even make as much money here as you can on MTurk and that is pretty bad.

8. aljhay1973

aljhay1973New Member

Threads:
    how to pass the general writer test?

9. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I got an invite to this and did the test they seemed a little hard to past i think i past maybe one or two but you have to past them all to be able to work for them right? The site seemed a little confusing to me and seemed like it would take a lot of time to do just one task and get paid for it but i might take a second look at it.

10. Gift3d

Gift3dMember

Threads:
    I signed up on this and got the english test done but never ended up doing a project yet lol

11. aljhay1973

aljhay1973New Member

Threads:
    theres no job until now only categorize bussiness only job..

how to pass general writing im willing to pay thanks

12. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:
    I have experience with Cloud Crowd. And like many here, I would advise against using them. They're pay rates fluctuate way too much and it's way too easy to get suspended with them. Not to mention there is hardly ever any work. It just isn't worth the trouble as it is right now.

13. jayjacinto

jayjacintoMember

Threads:
    Cloudcrowd is great! Just can't believe i recieved my first dollar directly on my paypal account the next day. I usually think those kind of online things are bluffs. But I proved myself wrong lately..

14. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Unless you make that "How do you pass the general writer's test?", I don't really think you will pass it :eek:

15. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Reading this thread, CloudCrowd sounds interesting. But also sounds like a waste of time. What a diversity of opinion here lol.

16. jayjacinto

jayjacintoMember

Threads:
    The first thing that they will evaluate on your writing is your grammar, and then they will carefully look at how your sentences are composed, including commas, etc. Keep in mind that real people are evaluating the documents so there are no 'cheats' whatsoever to pass this test, if that's what you are willing to pay for. :)

17. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I signed up with CloudCrowd but found nothing there to work on. Also went to MTurk with the same results. Microworkers takes too long to payout for the small amount of money you earn.

18. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    Cool. By the initial look of the site, it seems pretty promising. I'll try it out and see how it works for me.

19. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried Cloud Crowd in the past and to be honest found it to be a total waste of time. First of all you have to test with them, then your work has to be evaluated and then they can reject it without explaining why they are doing so. Now all of this might be worth all the trouble if the pay at Cloud Crowd made all the hoops you have to jump through worth the trouble. But unfortunately the pay at Cloud Crowd doesn't make this all worth the trouble, in fact the pay is not good at all. So, I chose not to even remain with the website because I just didn't think it was worth my time.