CocaCola or Pepsi?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by AceOfHype • Jul 10, 2012.

1. AceOfHype

AceOfHypeNew Member

Threads:
    The every lasting debate! Coca Cola or Pepsi, which one is better?

I myself have been trying the 2 drinks at different times and can't tell the difference, to be honest.

Although I like the Coca Cola logo better, So I guess I'll go with that.

What about you?

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Even though I have given up soda, I prefer Coke. Pepsi is just too sweet for me.

3. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    Heh, for me Pepsi is stronger, so I don't feel it's sweet. At least at the begining, untill all the bubbles go away.
    And that's why I prefer Pepsi. Coke is fine but only once in a while when my body says: "Now I need Coke" ;)

4. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    We buy Diet Pepsi in our house and rarely have Coke or Diet Coke. I honestly cannot remember the last time I had a Coke. I mean a full on hardcore not Diet Coke product. I don't think I could drink straight pop.

5. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Neither. I am just honestly afraid of both of those companies. I read a company profile...and some other information about how they make their beverages and I now I will not go near it. It took a while to wean myself off Coke though, and in that I mean Coca Cola. That in itself should have warned me.

6. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We don't drink soda hardly at all anymore but Coke was the preferred one back when we did. Pepsi just seemed like it was way sweeter than Coke. I also have fond memories from childhood of getting an ice cold glass bottle of Coke from a vending mahine and the only way to open it was by using the opener on the machine. I think it used to cost only a dime back then!

7. masteraljon

masteraljonMember

Threads:
    of course its the real thing big big coke will always be my favorite because even if their both cola drink coke is still the best

8. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    When I used to drink soda, I'd always prefer to drink Coca Cola then Pepsi. For me, Pepsi was too sweet, while Coca Cola was just right. However, since I've given up soda completely I don't miss the taste at all and I had a sip once and it was disgusting.

9. MyOCDisMild

MyOCDisMildMember

Threads:
    I've actually never noticed that Pepsi was too sweet. That's something I'm going to have to test now because I usually drink Coke and Vitamin Water. I prefer Coke, but I prefer coke because to me, Pepsi goes flat way to fast. I've had a can of coke that I left on my nightstand that was still bubbly when I cam back to it, all it needed was ice, where as I can pop a can of Pepsi and if I don't drink it within an hour, it's just a syrupy mess. If i can chug a soda, there's not enough carbonation for me. I've got to get at least one burp.

10. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Count me in for the Pepsi is too sweet crew. I only drink Pepsi out of desperation or with milk. But, I still think that Coke and milk tastes better as Coke are simply stronger and it makes for a better combination. Even more than my enjoyment for Cokes would be my love for Cherry Coke. That was genius. New Coke was not.

11. AceOfHype

AceOfHypeNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the replies!

Wow, so I guess most are in favour of Coca Cola, huh. Come to think of it Pepsi does taste a tad bit sweeter than CocaCola.

I'm envious of you guys who have stopped drinking the stuff, I'll definitely give that a shot someday.

The stuffs horrible for your health, no doubt.

12. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    Neither! I prefer rootbeer!

Kidding aside, I seem to prefer Coca-Cola's taste for some reason, but that doesn't mean that I don't like Pepsi. I think it's mainly because I was more exposed to Coca Cola ever since I was a kid compared to Pepsi. It is the more dominant brand where I live.

13. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    MY family have been Coca-cola supporters since forever but ironically, I am more in love with Pepsi. It's sweet and isn't that strong. It does not give a sting to my throat whenever I drink it.

14. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I would choose coke for its sweetness. I think that pepsi lacks a bit more sugar. It really depends on the person;s preference. As for me, I like sodas that has some sweetness and I found that in coke and I have been a coke consumer for like 10 years.

15. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I would say neither I don't drink soda anymore. That stuff is bad for your kidneys and teeth. If I was going to drink soda it would be a clear kind like Sprite. I can't really tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi, but then again I don't drink it much either.

16. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    Coke products only.
    I have become like a sweepstakes fanatic so I try to do I can do to maximize my entries or chances of winning.
    I won 25 dollars on the Camel Instant win last week!

17. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    Pepsi for me it has a more smoother taste not as strong as CocaCola.

18. YorkshireLass

YorkshireLassMember

Threads:
    I don't really drink fizzy drinks, but I much prefer the taste of coca cola.

My favourite soft drink though is dandilion and burdock, that stuff is so nice! I buy it as an occasional treat, although I am lucky enough to be able to get a proper old fashioned brewed version.

19. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I prefer the taste of Pepsi. I only buy the diet version of any soft drinks, as I now find regular too sweet. Another thing I've noticed is that Pepsi is on special offer more than Coca Cola, so it works out cheaper. Like others, I'm also cutting back on soft drinks, so I try not to have more than one serving a day. I find sparkling water with lemon or lime juice is cheaper, healthier and more refreshing.

20. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    Coca Cola to quench my thirst - any time! Pepsi is way too sweet for me and I just don't like it. Coca Cola with lots of ice and a twist of lemon! I have cut down on Coca Cola now. I think I drink Coca Cola, at least, once or twice a month. Whereas in the past, I used to drink almost every day!