CocaCola or Pepsi?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by AceOfHype • Jul 10, 2012.

1. psmith140

psmith140New Member

Threads:
    I would have to say coca cola to be honest - and this isn't just because it's throttled down out neck all the time, e.g. see the christmas adverts, but because its just a nice drink. Pepsi has a strange after taste whereas cola has a smooth and slightly fizzy finish. Each can is 39% of daily sugar intake so I can't drink that much these days anyway!

2. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    On this subject I have an indubitable certainty: I choose Coca Cola, always. Occasionally I can take Pepsi, but it's just a coincidence. At least in my country a taste of the two is really different, so the choice is quite marked. There is a reality: frost Coca Cola keeps the flavor, while the Pepsi becomes frozen sugar water.

From the beginning, the history of both drinks was somewhat complicated: The birth of Pepsi in 1893 was the biggest problem of competition for the most refreshing company in the U.S., Coca Cola. Although beginning to Pepsi were nothing positive after two consecutive failures the company was acquired by a distributor of Coca Cola, who managed to stand up to his former employer.

From what I know, Coca Cola has a bit more of advantage between my family and friends, but there are those who defend the Pepsi, almost as if it were a family member. The food or the accompaniment also has much to do in this discussion.

3. PurpleWasabi

PurpleWasabiNew Member

Threads:
    I'm not a big soda drinker, but I would have to say Coca-Cola hands down. I find it interesting that some people can't differentiate between the two when they have such distinct flavors. Coke is a bit sweeter and flavorful in my opinion. Pepsi on the other hand has an odd aftertaste. The aftertaste is very similar to the taste of a sugar substitute. I don't know why, but the first word that comes up in my head when someone tells me to describe Pepsi is battery acid. It's odd, I know, but the name just seems to fit.