Coconut Chips

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Krnasmommy • Jul 3, 2016.

1. Krnasmommy

KrnasmommyNew Member

Threads:
    I bought some toasted coconut chips the other day and I don't recommend anyone buying them. The brand is dang and I bought two different flavors (chili lime and smokey bacon) and they did absolutely nothing for my taste buds. I only paid .49 for each bag and they weren't even worth that.

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen coconut chips like this for sale. At first, I thought it was some sort of sweet chip, but now I see you're talking about savory coconut chips prepared somewhat similarly to potato chips. Are the chips very thin, or thicker? I'm not familiar with the Dang brand, so I'm not sure if they're sold around here. I was just in the snack aisle the other day, and I'm surprised I didn't come across this type of product. I would probably try them, especially if I could find small bags for that price, but if so, I will probably avoid that brand.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think I have seen coconut chips for sale either. I love coconut though so I am sure i would be tempted to try them if I saw them. However, as Diane Lane said, it might be best to avoid that brand. I notice the coconut water hype seems to have died down. It is hydrating, but probably no better for you than regular water, so why pay more for it?

4. Krnasmommy

KrnasmommyNew Member

Threads:
    I've never seen them either. They're really thin and tiny pieces. I they're 100% vegan and I had to dip them in mayo just for them to taste okay. Another brand might taste better but I would definitely avoid this brand haha

5. Krnasmommy

KrnasmommyNew Member

Threads:
    Exactly. I never really liked the coconut water but I love coconut itsself. I was so disappointed when I tried these and didn't like them. Hopefully I'll. Be able to find another brand that tastes better.

6. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I have never tried coconut chips. I like raw or dry coconut,I like coconut cream and coconut water. I also like coconut oil for cooking, or hair and body massage. However, I have never eaten coconut chips. However, I liked any chips (potato, banana etc) fried in coconut oil.

7. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of coconut chips, and I was intrigued until I read your review. I like banana chips a lot and that is what I compared them to in my mind, but it sounds like they are not much like those. 49 cents is pretty cheap, and if you say that they are not even worth that then that means they must be bad, so I will go ahead and pass. I do still like the idea of non-traditional chips, though, so it didn't ruin that for me.

8. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also love banana chips, and would have thought before reading this review that I would have enjoyed coconut chips. I love coconut products, and expected to really enjoy coconut water, but I didn't like it when I tried it. The brand I tried was an off brand, so perhaps that was the problem with the coconut water, as with your chips. I will look around when I go shopping, to see if i can find a low cost bag of coconut chips, because now I'm curious as to whether it's the type of product itself, or the brand, that was the problem.

9. Krnasmommy

KrnasmommyNew Member

Threads:
    Hm

Hmm I'll have to try making my own chips fried in coconut oil. Maybe I'll just be able t make my own is read of buying them.

10. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    Oh my goodness, I've also never heard of Coconut chips. I don't think I would try them either way, I'd rather have a natural coconut or coconut milk. Still, it's good to know that I need to beware lol. The only kind of fruit chips I've tried are banana chips and I love those!! Strangely, I don't like bananas themselves, but I love banana chips. Coconut chips seem like a good idea, what a shame that they're not good.

11. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I have not consumed coconut chips yet but I can vouch for a fact that store bought varieties are not only expensive but are not guaranteed in terms of utility since they are mass produced. I would rather make my own if I had the time. I look forward to make potato chips since potatoes are abundant where I come from and I can make the potato chips into potato crisps.