Coconut Oil Is Awesome!

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by kjonesm1 • Feb 20, 2015.

1. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I've been using coconut oil more and more, and definitely not just in the kitchen! I've been using it for my skin and hair and just want to share how it is awesome for many many reason. I found this article of

and just want to rave about it. Check it out and give it a try. Compared to all the products it can replace in your home, you are getting the ultimate bang for your buck!

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I read that it can be also be used as a "natural Chap Stick", but I think that it would be too oily for the lips. Petroleum jelly would be better in my opinion if you were to apply it to your lips. But nice article, nonetheless.

3. Eiko

EikoMember

Threads:
    I agree with you! I absolutely love coconut oil and use it for almost everything. Hair treatments after dying it or if I feel it needs a pick-me-up, cooking, lotion, makeup remover, even a quick scrub on your teeth can make a difference when you need something in-between a brush and a mouthwash.

I cannot stress how useful it's been in my life to anyone looking for any of it's purposes, mostly because it's all in one! I hate having a cluttered house, and having a few jars of coconut oil replaces so much.

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I have begun using it more as well. Recently, I read that coconut oil also aids in thyroid health. I read that article you mentioned and found it so beneficial I signed up for her newsletters. The way she writes is really easy to read and she gives you recipe's for all of her ideas. I think I'm going to try making the deodorant as well. But I've already been using it as a conditioner for sometime. This week we will use it for our popcorn oil.

5. XLS

XLSMember

Threads:
    I use coconut oil all the time! I absolutely love it! I have used regular cooking coconut oil, refined coconut oil, and organic refined coconut oil. Ranging in prices from $3 - $15. Coconut oil can get very greasy. In my opinion the pricier organic version has given me best results.

6. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have been using coconut oil for a long time. It is quite great and is definitely cheaper. I believe it nourishes your hair in much more better manner and makes it really soft and healthy. It also makes your hair look quite shiny. I have never used it for my skin. But I will try it very soon.

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We used to be big on coconut oil but lately, my family and I have become more health-conscious. Compared to other types of oil, coconut oil contains more fat. What's currently available in our kitchen is vegetable oil. When we're making garden salads or any other vegetable-based salad, olive oil comes to the rescue.

8. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    I used coconut oil last year, and to my horror, I was allergic to it. I used it as skin lotion, and oil pulling, and also take 2 tablespoons a day to help with my body pain. Well, one morning I look down on my thighs and I saw veins popping up like little snakes crawling under my skin. I don't think coconut oil is for everyone.

9. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    I am allergic to coconut which really ticks me off because I know there are so many good uses for it. Even some great recipes call for coconut and sound so great but alas, I have to stay away. I am allergic to many foods and products but can usually find a substitute for them but in the case of coconut, there is nothing to substitute, so that's it for me.

10. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I've been very much looking forward to trying it!
    It's kind of hard to find it where I live. I'm sure there must be places where it's available though.
    Or just order online of course...

Will come back to this article when I do :) Thanks!

11. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    I use coconut oil as well, but mainly as an oil treatment for my hair. I just started using it recently as well, as I found out that it can keep the scalp healthy and moisturized. It's also supposed to decrease unnatural hair fall and keep the hair silky smooth. So far, I have no complaints. As a matter of fact, the improvements have been very noticeable.

12. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I just recently started using coconut oil and I've only used it to make sugar scrubs. I've heard a lot people say that coconut oil is really good for just every part of your body (shampoo, eating, etc) so I should definitely experiment with it. A part of me is too afraid of parting with my olive oil though :p