Coconut Oil

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by felielizab • Jun 16, 2015.

1. Adrianna

AdriannaNew Member

Threads:
    Yeah you are going to love it. It is funny that you say it makes you feel slightly sick the idea of gargling with it. Usually some people will eat it. A teaspoon or more to help with digestion. Heals and detoxes the tummy. You would more than likely have a nauseous feeling with it. This means that your stomach needs it. There is generally some sort of an issue and the coconut oil is working on it. But I know what you mean. Swishing it around your mouth is pretty easy, lot better than swallowing it.
    I use to have oily skin. I use a protein cleanser to balance it. What I do with the coconut oil is thin it out with water sometimes. I just put a couple dabs and the wet my hands. Spread the water on with the oil to make it lighter. Once you put makeup and powder you would be surprised. An hour or so later the skin looks amazing. I know it sounds scary but somehow it balances the skin to a normal ph. Mine is not dry nor oily any longer. I've had many women ask me what is on my face. A lot of times it is just coconut oil, they think I am wearing foundation. Most of the time I don't bother cause it makes the skin look so good. It gives you a glow.

2. E.Mil

E.MilMember

Threads:
    I have heard many great things about the benefits of coconut oil . I know it helps with your skin. I haven't used it on a regular basis to notice a difference in my skin but I maybe in the near future I will use it more often.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:

Thanks for all these pointers, Adrianna :) I didn't know about it being good for digestion or detoxing the tummy.

I'm interested in trying it on my skin, too. I'm very big on skin care, having previously suffered with acne. So it'll be very interesting to see how my skin reacts to it. I'm still a bit wary, so I'll proceed with caution LOL I'm glad it's working out well for your skin.

4. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    Wow, I have to try coconut oil in my hair. I have a huge tub of it that I bought at Costco and have been using it for cooking and getting it's health benefits from cooking. I didn't realize all the great things you can do with it. I'm off to condition my hair.

5. Lushlala

Threads:
    Yay, I'm so happy! I have stumbled across a huge tub of coconut oil in my regular supermarket. The funny thing's that I never saw it when I was looking. I was actually looking for something else altogether when I saw it in the health section. I checked the price and was very pleasantly surprised, not too bad. So I'll definitely be picking up one of those tubs. I bet it lasts forever too, because it's big.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried using coconut oil but I would love to try it for my hair. I have heard that coconut oil has many uses and they are cheap too at only $5 to $6 per bottle.

7. Lushlala

Threads:
    That's the beauty of this 'wonder oil', it appears to be good for just about anything! You can put it on your skin for so many different purposes, you can use it on your hair and some even say it's good for cooking. I personally wouldn't use it for cooking because I'm very happy using my trusty olive oil, but it's still amazing to know that you could use it that way too. I just can't wait to try it for myself and see if it's really as good as it's made out to be :)

8. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have heard coconut is good for the stomach. I tried some coconut water from Sonic, not sure if it did anything but it tasted pretty good and don't think it irritated me. There are so many remedies out there. I will still try everything but this sounds a bit easier than eating a banana. Maybe it could be put in a dish that I would normally eat. Only thing is I have tried digestive enzyme pills and marshmallow. I still have the pain. Is the coconut oil better than those for my inflammation you think? Not sure what dish to put it in. I'm sure there are lots of recipes though.

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I use coconut oil. A nurse recommended it for my Mother. My Mother's skin greatly improved and so did my skin get much better. Skin tags disappear with coconut oil. I read articles about coconut oil can stop diabetes 2. I experimented with it and it surely does work. I bought some things that I shouldn't to test coconut oil article for I was going to my eye doctor. It worked for in her report she wrote no retinopathy from diabetes! I love coconut oil! I even cook with coconut oil. Too bad the Walmart I go to doesn't carry coconut oil.

10. Lushlala

Threads:
    I can confirm that today I got some virgin organic coconut oil in my weekly shopping :) !!! It was quite pricey, but I reckon if it works as well as it's meant to, it'll be well worth it. I've already tried it on my hands, and it's not greasy at all, sinks right it. So it should also be good for the face. I can't wait to see what it does for my skin and hair!

11. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I was going to say the same points. We have just bought a jar of coconut oil from the store weeks ago. We use it for our hair. I have been tempted to mix it with the raw Shea Butter we have at home but I have yet to do so. I also suffer from eczema so maybe I should start using the coconut oil for the patches that keep coming up.

12. Lushlala

Threads:
    The thing I like so far about coconut oil is that it actually sinks right in and doesn't sit on top looking greasy. I've even put it on my face before bed, and my skin drinks it up. - and I actually have oily skin. In the morning my face feels very soft. So far it's not proven to be comedogenic, thank God! It's great on dry feet, too :)