Coconut Oil

Discussion in Product Reviews started by ThesePretzels • Jun 7, 2016.

1. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    @ThesePretzels@ThesePretzels Coconut oil is great for using in curries and even some hot desserts. Mostly I use it on my hair. It makes it lush and really shiny and it really helps to bring out the natural curl I have. It is not expensive and I found the best value coconut oil in Holland and Barrat health store. You would probably find a good one in your local health store.

#41Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2017
  2. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have discovered the fractionated coconut oil, and i just LOVE that stuff ! ! They have made it so that the coconut oil always stays liquid and doesn't harden like most coconut oil does when it gets cool. I love using this in smoothies and also as the oil in my salad dressings. It is a very clear lightweight oil, no smell or taste to speak of (which is to say that it does not taste like coconut like regular coconut in does), and it is perfect for on salads.
    It is a lot more expensive that regular coconut oil, so i just use the regular oil except when it is going to be in something cold, like the smoothies or salad dressing. Just a little bottle of it is over $7; so it is as expensive as extra virgin olive oil.

3. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think coconut oil is very good for your skin and makes a nice moisturizer as well- also its good for hair growth and you find it in hair conditioners. Coconut oil helps control your blood sugar,which I am for all the way. I think cooking with this oil though is a bit iffy-because of the high saturated fat(this is a concern for elevated cholesterol and heart disease)that it has in it though-but I think for cooking, I will stick with olive oil.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with every comment in above boxes. Basically I did not use coconut oil as an edible but ever since I learned its benefits during my stay in coastal areas of my country where coconut is produced and used by majority of local residents. Later I learned that their hair remains healthy. People have a better heart health who use coconut oil for cooking purpose, their skin remains healthier and they suffer lesser from blood pressure related problems.

5. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't use coconut for cooking, it's not a popular oil known for that purpose and won't be surprised if doesn't suit. When it comes to body and hair care use then coconut oil is a very useful substance. It has great tendency to stay long on the body without drying off and hence products containing this oil are perfect for use in dry seasons. I use this oil a lot on my hair and body sometimes

6. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    Coconut oil is basically good for everything. I like using it mostly for hair and skin. I leave it on my hair whenever I need it to be nourished. I also use it for rough spots on skin like my elbows. It also makes an excellent eye cream if mixed with vitamin E, reduces dark circles and fine lines. I know some people even use it for weight loss, though I have never tried it for this.

7. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I grew up having coconut oil in my life be it in the dishes, oiling my hair the works. But when I started my independent life lots had happened and there were oils that were considered better. We fell for that and today we do not use coconut oil. There is also this fact that there were reports earlier that coconut oil was not good but this song is not sung any more. I have settled down for sunflower oil and will not change it now.

8. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Coconut oil has a lot of benefits and it can be used in various ways including as a moisturizer, for cooking and as a sun protector.

9. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I use coconut oil on my skin as it makes an excellent moisteriser but I have also used it on my dogs' coats. Just a little patted on and smoothed into the hair makes all the difference and I love the smell too.

10. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I cannot really seem to pinpoint any one product that I can use for a variety of things, and this was really what I was expecting from coconut oil, Maybe I am just not looking hard enough or correctly but hopefully I can find a good one.