Coconut Oil?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by mountainside • Aug 4, 2012.

1. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    What has been your experience with Coconut Oil? I have not used it yet, but I am seriously considering purchasing it.

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I only use coconut oil for my hair, so for me, it's great. I may start cooking with it, but I have other types of oil that I'm more familiar with, so that isn't anything that is a top concern for me. What are you looking to use the coconut oil for?

3. Spongecake

SpongecakeNew Member

Threads:
    I love coconut oil for just about everything! It's great for cooking when you don't want to add flavor, and it has infinite uses in the bathroom. You can use it to remove makeup ant to moisturize your hair, skin, and nails. You can also use it for shaving, and for lubrication during sex :)

4. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I have used this and I really like the sweet smell of the product. However, I will warn you use this mainly in the winter months! If you use this during the summer months expect to be swarmed by flies when you go outside! I have learned this from experience!

5. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    I've only used coconut oil one time and that was on my hair. I plan to use it again directly on my scalp because I read that it was great for eliminating dandruff. I also read that it's one of the ways people from other countries keep their skin smooth.

6. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    I've used coconut oil to tame my frizz as well as a skin moisturizer. It is natural, and lovely smelling. However, I hate it when it hardens during winter, making it necessary to either place it in a pan of hot water or microwave the container. A friend of mine claims he got his psoriasis under control simply by sticking to (pardon the pun) coconut oil religiously! Are there any favorite brands for any of you? :)

7. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    I love it for cooking and I've heard wonderful things about the effect on your hair so I'm sure I'll try that soon. I didn't know that it was good against dandruff. I highly recommend Jojoba oil if you're looking for something for your skin, it's amazing!

8. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I have used it to kill foot odor. It hasn't something in it that kills bacteria. I also put it in my bubble bath for that extra smooth skin. It really makes you feel good. I really like when it mets and really looks like an oil. I haven't tried it in cooking yet. SOunds like a great idea though. I think I will give that a try.

9. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    For sex and cooking? I hope your not using it out of the same tub for both.;)

10. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    I love coconut oil! I basically use it as a substitute for butter. You need to get a high quality coconut oil which is more expensive but it is so flavorful that you only need a little to get a lot of flavor. Nutiva is a good brand as well as Nature's Way. The only thing I don't like about it is that in the summer time it is liquid at room temperature. I can't really put it in the fridge because then it really hardens and I can't even break off a piece. I think the ideal temp is about 70 degrees for it. It won't be liquid but it won't be so hard that you can't scoop it up with a knife.

11. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Another coconut oil lover here! I love how my scrambled eggs taste when cooked in this oil. I also use it as deoderant and it repels mosquitos, too, as well as eases the pain of insect bites.

12. Kaila

KailaNew Member

Threads:
    OMG don't even get me started talking about coconut oil and its myriad of benefits. I'm so in love with it. Make sure it's extra virgin and cold-pressed. Use it on your skin, in your hair, in your food. It's the best conditioner for your body, and inside your body, it's even better! It helps boost your immune system AND your metabolism, it keeps you from feeling hungry, helps regulate your blood sugar, and has all kinds of other benefits. I even put it in my dog's food and he loves it - it keeps his coat shiny and his body healthy!

13. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Coconut Oil is one of the most amazing ingredients I have ever come across. We use it for everything...and don't worry, marvelz...we put them in different containers. (-: ha,ha. You can make a simple lip-balm with it, we also make our own deodorant with it as it stops body odor - unreal how well it works for that! Coconut oil is just brilliant and by making your own products with it...it actually makes you richer: in health and wealth.

14. mountainside

Threads:
    Wow, great comments. Using it to build your immune system, is it edible as is, or must it always be used, as an ingredient in cookin?. Thanks very much all.

#14Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  15. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I love organic coconut oil and use it for many different purposes. I love cooking with it, also using it as a substitute for butter. I even put it in smoothies, to add some healthy fats. But it is also amazing for your skin and hair.

16. siriusboi

siriusboiMember

Threads:
    Coconut oil is also good for the hair aside from being a good ingredient for cooking. It's a cool massage oil too. My brother has been using it for his reflexology sessions and it does the trick for sore legs. The coconut tree is truly the tree of life. Coconut oil has variety of benefits that a lot of people can enjoy!

17. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    I use it mainly for my hair. Especially if I want a time out with chemically filled hair products. It's also great for dry skin and as a make up remover. I never tried cooking with it, though with what I've read so far I think I might try it one of these days. You can also use it for massage.

18. mountainside

Threads:
    A substitute for butter, a massage oil, this product has a myriad of uses. Amazing information from all of you. Great.

19. plsargent

plsargentNew Member

Threads:
    There are SO many uses for cocoanut oil, in fact one of my friends has a book that is all about the different uses. I have some for diaper rash cream for my daughter since I use cloth diapers and it's safe for cloth diapers. You can add it to home made peanut butter to make it more creamy, add it to home made almond milk, the list is so long. If you find a good deal stock up because you can always use it.

20. mountainside

Threads:
    This ptoduct is so versatile, makes peanut butter more creamy, love peanut butter. It's good for your hair and skin. This is something that should be in the house most of the time.

#20Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012