Coconut Oil?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by mountainside • Aug 4, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I first bought it when I was making my own chapstick. It worked really well for that. Later, I just switched to using the coconut oil directly because it was somewhat glossy and had the same moisturizing effect.

2. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    If I could only use one oil it would probably be coconut oil. It works so well on everything. You can cook with coconut oil and it's great for Thai and Indian dishes. It works well on the hair. My hair is always really healthy and glossy looking after I rub coconut oil on it. It is also great for skincare. The oil is very light, yet it moisturizes the skin amazingly. I recommend the food grade organic coconut oil.

3. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I am just amazed at the many uses that coconut oil is used for. One poster said that they used it to help with foot odor. What a product. Thanks for the tip about the food grade organic oil.

4. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I made a homemade deodorant with coconut oil, baking soda and some starch. But I had an allergic reaction to it. I'm not sure if it was the coconut oil or if the baking soda was just way too harsh on my underarms.

I would love to hear your recipe so that I can try again.