Cod With Extra Charges

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by naruto100 • Jul 5, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Okay, I recently had my new phone. I checked out local market and as mobile is selling online, I got no accessories from the market. So I have to order for tempered glass and cover of mobile from online site eBay.

Honestly for such small accessories I have bad experience. I had paid them and then item never got shipped. Then money getting money back was quite lengthy process and time consuming. So I decided to place the order with COD. But as amount was too low, I have to pay extra money for shipping for COD. I wonder why they take extra charges for it.

What will you do in this case?

2. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Most of the Ebay sellers are badly treated on platform. So they don't make use of the COD and shipping services properly. Instead they opt for cheap courier services. And this means often the product don't get shipped etc. That can be bad for the products in such case. You have to understand that you can report such sellers and often give them bad rating. So this way you can avoid issues in future. Ebay is dying company due to their such policies.

3. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    That's what I do. And because of this only I chose COD. Because after paying if they don't ship the item early then getting money back is quite long process. That's why I paid more fees and ordered item with COD. At least I have to give money when they arrive. And also if item will delay by many days then I will not accept the item either.

4. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I know you have to wait around 3 weeks to get your money back from Ebay, and I think 3 weeks is quite acceptable. And for the COD, I guess they need to cover the expense of the gas and the salary to pay the courier, which the money they won't get on a cheap item, only on an expensive item, so they need to charge more for COD.

5. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Well, I don't think other sites are charging extra for COD facility. They already taking shipping charges. What you think, where the gas got fill from, if I choose pre paid. Even then those courier companies got paid by the seller. Other sites don't take this extra charges for COD. I have seen this thing first time from any site.

6. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I never experienced extra charges when shopping online, even for COD. If this happens to me, I won't accept the item since I am not aware with these extra charges when I decided to purchase a product online, and I have all the right to decline receiving it. I would also send a complain regarding this matter so they can take action and prevent it from happening in the future.

7. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Even I didn't understand the concept of extra charges for getting COD. They already taking shipping cost if product is under certain amount. Then why to charge extra for COD. This is really weird. Even with that I had to go with COD at that time as I wasn't certain about my travelling. I mean with COD I can avoid parcel if I am not at home during delivery. But all went smooth and I have to pay full amount.

8. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    Have you ever asked the seller about these extra charges after you got the item? Or before purchasing an item, have you tried asking if there are hidden charges for COD? I just thought what if the couriers are the ones who are asking for these extra charges and not the seller. Is that possible you think?

9. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Its not courier companies. Because when I order it Ebay itself showing that extra charges under order details. They were showing it extra charges for COD. Lol. So its ebay itself. I wonder why they take extra charges for COD when they already taking shipping charges.
    As I was not sure about my travelling I had to order with COD with extra charges.

10. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    Oh I see. You should've asked them what's the extra charge for since they are already charging shipping fees. I'm using Amazon and eBay but never encountered anything like that. I always check different sellers for similar items since most of the time, there will be multiple sellers who sell the same product and for sure if some will charge extra fees, definitely some will not.

11. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Actually I didn't face such problem on Amazon anytime. Ebay wasn't offering COD to my area. But I guess they have recently started it. So it was first time I tried ebay with COD. No other sites charge this extra charge.. I guess I can ask them about it, but I wonder if they will reply. Though I will try it.