Coffee Shopin General

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by tasha • May 11, 2015.

1. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I love my coffee shops and enjoy going to sit in one for the peace and quiet. we recently went to a new coffee shop that has just opened up and it looks lovely inside and they have made it feel like you are in Italy but the one problem is the service and the door host!!!! She was rude before you even enter that she brought out the ugly in even my mother, who does not get upset at all. service should be with a smile and the hot who is the first person that you see should great you and accommodate you in any way possible so that you want to stay.

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Good point, you want to be made to feel welcome whenever you visit such an establishment. If the host is like this with everyone then I'm sure customers will soon start to vote with their feet.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Coffee shops need a combination of things to be successful; good coffee, low prices, comfortable seating, a good atmosphere and location. There are so many around, if one lacks any of the qualities, then they are bound to fail. It's not enough to have good coffee and low prices, people have to want to visit and recommend it to others.

4. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    If the owner has any business sense, she won't be around much longer. I understand people have bad days, and the hostess is just a human being. If they are obviously trying to force a fake smile, at least they're trying. There is never an excuse for being rude when you're working with the public

5. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Customer service seems to have gone to hell in a hand-basket at some places. People just don't know how to serve anymore, they are there for the check, and that's it.
    I mean, I get it, people have to go to work for money, and might even hate the job that they are going to, but if an owner cares about his profits, he or she needs to pay attention to who they chose to be the "face and voice" of their business.
    Like someone here already wrote, there are so many choices out there as far as coffee shops are concerned. This place better get their act together quick and fire the grinch at the front door (or move her to the back, behind closed doors) or they won't be around long.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The sad thing is that the girl probably doesn't even own the coffee shop, and she will sadly drive people away. I hope that the customers make it known to the owner to allow her to redeem such conduct. I'm also not willing to accept shoddy customer service and would probably give it one more chance and if it didn't improve, I'd never return.

It always baffles me when people behave in this fashion, when jobs are so far and few in between!

7. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think that that coffee shop will last very long if the staff is unfriendly. It's a shame that it has to be that way. There are so many people who would love to have a secure job and do it with pleasure.
    You are definitely right, coffee needs to be served with a smile and a great attitude, otherwise the taste gets lost. Or worse even, it takes on the bitterness of the waiter/waitress.