Coffee The Second Day

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Ke Gordon • Apr 20, 2016.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you ever drink left over coffee the next day to save money? I mean instead of dumping it. I really don't like day old coffee, but if I am low on coffee, I will sometimes drink it the next day. I prefer to make a smaller quanity though, because coffee the next day is really kind of nasty. There is usually not a lot of coffee left, after I have had my quota though.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't do that since we don't boil our coffee, and I only drink coffee from those 3 in 1 instant coffee sachets, so the coffee that I drink gets consumed pretty fast, like in 1 coffee drinking session.

3. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I do! I am guilty of doing this. I just turn the pot on again and warm it up. Then I instantly regret it because it never tastes as good as a freshly brewed cup of coffee, but I feel guilty for throwing it out because coffee is so expensive these days.

4. DiscountDreams

DiscountDreamsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, but only when I refrigerate it and mix it with some kind of almond/hazelnut/walnut/cashew milk :) Can't just leave it out, molds very easily even if you don't see it. If it's been out for 12 hours, it is significantly full of mold. Coffee molds fast.

5. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes because times are hard sometimes and you gotta do what you gotta do. I need my caffeine fix to start my day otherwise i'm a real party pooper to be around.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Coffee always taste best when hot and fresh, straight out of the sachet. I don't mind investing a portion of my income for coffee because a single sachet won't cost you much and it's even more cost-efficient if you buy them in bulk at supermarkets. I live in a country with a lot of innovative coffee offerings so you can choose from a number of coffee brands based on your taste and at a price you can afford.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I freeze day old coffee into coffee cubes for iced coffee or blended frozen coffee drinks. Reheating coffee makes it bitter, using it cold has a mellow taste and you can add flavored syrups or vanilla extract.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think the best way to deal with it is similar to how it's best to use many other leftover food which is to transform it into something where the quality won't be too noticeable anymore. I don't drink that much coffee and when I do I almost always just use instant but if I had to use leftover coffee I'd probably just use it for desserts like tiramisu or something. If not then I'll just turn it into a cold drink wherein I guess the taste will be a little bit disguised by the cream and ice.