Coin Collecting Tips

Discussion in Misc & Others started by helpingcollier4 • Dec 29, 2014.

1. helpingcollier4

helpingcollier4Member

Threads:
    Given the current economic climate, many people have taken to investing in collectible coins as a hedge against inflation and the potential collapse of the American economy. Infomercials abound on television, where people can pay extortion-level prices for collectible coins, and every pawn shop in the American South seems to have a sign saying, "We buy gold."

What are your thoughts on coins as a form of investment? Is there an interest on this forum in an overview of how to buy collectible coins? I would love to help if that there is an interest!

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Collectible coins as in antiques? I would not buy one since that isn't my area of interest, but I would gladly sell mine if ever I found an old coin that now amounts to a substantial amount of money.

3. Nate5

Nate5Member

Threads:
    I've never thought of it that method, but it seems like it could be a good idea. I do have an interest in collecting coins, but mainly just around whatever special coins I find when I buy something. If it seems cool, then I will keep it. I have quite a few coins, and it doesn't seem like the intrinsic values of these coins will be worthless even in some financial disaster. However, whether you can get tons of money from really depends on the interest in collections.