Coke or Pepsi?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by AliDee • Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliDee

AliDeeMember

Threads:
    For me it depends on what mood I am in and what I am eating. If I eat pizza, I drink Coke but if I eat KFC, I drink Pepsi.

What's your favorite and why?

2. Hickorycottage

HickorycottageMember

Threads:
    That's funny. I like Coke with burgers and Pepsi with tacos or pizza. it definitely depends on what I'm eating. If I'm not eating anything, and just drinking a soda, I'd rather have Coke. Pepsi is really harsh on my empty stomach.

3. alinass

alinassMember

Threads:
    I love Coke! I use it instead of coffee. I drink it all day. When I was a kid Coke was my favourite, too. My mom always take me cake and coke when we are out for a walk. I understand now that it wasn't good for a kid but I loved it :eek: Now my favourite is Ice coke. It is made from Ice cream and Coke and you have to drink it with straw. I know it's a little bit childish but it's so tasty!!!

4. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    Diet Coke all the way, baby. I'm addicted to it. Diet Pepsi will work in a pinch, but I only buy Diet Coke when grocery shopping. I don't know if I have a preference fot the regular ones b/c it's been so long since i've had them! I do have fond memories of Coke as a child, though - my grandma always had real Coke at her house, while my mom only bought Tab (which, back then, was sweetened with saccharin - YUCK!).

5. melmac

melmacMember

Threads:
    I prefer coke because it seems to have a smoother taste than Pepsi. I just don't find pepsi refreshing and its so bubbly that it gives me a stomach ache. I definitely prefer the taste of both regular and diet coke products (okay, I do love Mt. Dew--but I quit it a couple weeks ago).

6. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    It's Pepsi for me. I really enjoy Diet Pepsi with a slice of lemon, and the bottles seem to keep their fizz longer than Coke. I can actually tell the difference if I'm out and I order a cola. I seem to be in the minority here, but I'll always go for Pepsi over Coke. It's usually cheaper as well, although price alone would not dictate my choices.

7. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I cannot stand the taste of Pepsi. It tastes like a flat Coke to me. I'm a Coke girl all the way. Born and raised on it!

8. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Well, it would have to be neither for me. However, as a child I used to love Pepsi over Coca Cola. Then when I was in high school I started loving Coca Cola. Now, I have come full circle and don't like either. I find them both simply horrible.

9. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    Plain Water all the way baby! lol If I had to choose though, I'd put my money on Pepsi. It tastes less fizzy and feels like it has more substance. Whenever possible though, I try my best to drink water. The benefits are just real nice but then again, you live only once! Moral dilemma :S

10. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I do not drink carbonated beverages because it really upsets my stomach but every once in a while I do want that sweet flavor with a meal. When I do have a soft drink I go for Pepsi. The gassiness in Coca-Cola doesn't even allow me to eat a meal in peace but I can stomach Pepsi.

11. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    I think Pepsi is way better than Coke. I think Coke tastes flat compared to Pepsi. Pepsi is the best soda with pizza!

12. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I prefer Coke, glass bottle. Pepsi is similar to it but tastes a lot sweeter and has much more gas than Coke.

13. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    Pepsi. It is more carbonated and stays carbonated longer. Coke seems to change their formula often. The Coke of the late 90's was great because that acidic flavor gives just a slight "bite" to the back of the throat, which just brightens up my day. Only the original cola can do that. Today's coke is bleh.

14. GrandmaHugme

GrandmaHugmeMember

Threads:
    I agree with Linky! Both have a bad after-taste and, unfortunately, are bad for you. Every soda contains additives, preservatives and colorings that are toxic to your body - especially those with sugar / fructose or corn syrup.

Want to know why? Research scientists have discovered that sugar (any amount at all) has the ability to shut down signals to your brain that tell you that you are full. Food manufacturers love this since it means you keep on eating and their profits go up. Everything has sugar in it. Yes, everything (look at the labels). They say it is not the calories or the carbs that is causing an epidemic of obesity, it's the inability to stop eating. How sad is that?

I discovered that I had actually become addicted (truly addicted) to colas. I HAD to have them daily. They have proven in studies that they can become addictive easily. Is that what you want? It took over a month to get over the craving for a soda but I am so glad I did. I suffered from headaches while drinking sodas and now realize it was the soda that were causing it!

If you want to avoid the toxins in processed foods, then do not buy any processed foods that come in a box, bag, bottle, can, jar or jug. Not only is it toxic but it tastes nothing like the original food. On top of that, they have genetically modified the bitterness out of our whole foods so we will like the taste. But that bitterness is the natural antibiotic that Mother Nature has given us to stay healthy and to heal when injured or ill. How smart is that?

Think fresh raw or lightly steamed veggies, free range chicken / eggs, and lots of fruit (not juiced as the pulp is important). What to drink? Find a well or spring water source and keep the minerals in your body that we were meant to retain. Processed water (even reverse osmosis) has chemicals in it (chlorine from tap water) and if distilled, it will cause minerals to be leached from your body which lowers your immune system. The worse thing you can consume, of all things, is hydrogenated vegetable oil which is in almost all manufactured foods. See this 2 minute video as to why:

I wish the best for you!

15. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    Neither one of them suits me. I get very jittery when I get through drinking a coke or a pepsi...not to mention the affect it has on your teeth.

16. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    Don't drink as much of these carbonated drinks as I used to in the past. After all, gotta keep your body in good health!

As for my choice, it has to be Coke.

I have always felt that Pepsi is flat. It has great taste and is very sweet, but the flatness is a flaw.

Coke has more of a "zing" to it. You feel the liquid pouring down your throat. On a warm, sunny day there is nothing like drinking a cold can of coke.

17. Stephanie

StephanieMember

Threads:
    Pepsi! Especially if it is at a fast food joint. I hate that McDonalds uses Coke products!

I remember growing up my dad drinking glass bottles of Pepsi with peanuts in it. Was that just "him" or was this some kind of fad?

18. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    Anyway i prefer Coke instead of Pepsi because it has a better and sweeter taste.I like drink the Coke especially when I eat pizza or an hamburger

19. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I don't drink soda much anymore, but I would have to say I enjoy Pepsi more. I can drink Coke, though, but it tastes watered down and flat to me. My family used to drink Coke a lot, but now we stopped drinking soda because it's so unhealthy.

20. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I choose Coke although there's really not much of a difference when it comes to their taste. But still I can say that Coke has this distinguished taste and that I'm kind of drawn to drink more of it. I'm not really a fan of Pepsi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.