Coke or Pepsi?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by AliDee • Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jailynnsgrandma

JailynnsgrandmaMember

Threads:
    I used to like Coke with everything I ate. Even breakfast. I have recently stopped drinking it, I do miss it, but the caffeine was not helping my anxiety. I also figured the sugar was not helping me either. I drink mostly water now and am getting used to it. I still have a lot of other things that I want to cut out of my diet and my family's as well.

2. Moneysaver93

Moneysaver93Member

Threads:
    When I do drink soda, I prefer Coke products over Pepsi. Pepsi's taste just doesn't taste as great as a coke product like Dr. Pepper or Root Beer. Coke products are more popular in stores and restaurants for that reason.

3. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Coke for me. It's tastes sharper. Just the right thing to add a bit of kick. Pepsi tastes a bit bland and sweet.

4. Zamora91

Zamora91Member

Threads:
    I like them both. I usually get bored of one flavor and have the other another time. Sometimes Pepsi is really delicious when you haven't had it for a while.

5. MEGATRUCK

MEGATRUCKMember

Threads:
    I usually side with Coke, but I take Pepsi Throwback whenever I can. It not only uses real sugar, but it also tastes better too.

6. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    My preference is Coke for the taste and partly due to the color of the can, which is red, and has always appealed to me somehow as opposed to Pepsi's blue. If there's no Coke available, I usually purchase a Pepsi product like Sierra Mist or Mountain Dew. I don't know what it is about Pepsi that makes me avoid drinking it, yet I'm a big fan of the company's other soft drinks...

7. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I agree. Coca Cola, and even Diet Coke, just hits the spot. Every time I drink Pepsi, I can notice it very quickly. Sure, the carbonation and the caffeine is there (so if I need to stay up for some reason, I'll drink the Pepsi for the caffeine), but the flavor is so different. It's so sweet, it hurts my teeth and it hurts my throat. Coke is just so refreshing, though I'm sure that there are better things to drink!

8. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    No coke or Pepsi, I never liked both. I used to drink other brands of soda.. but I have decided that they are really bad for me.. I drink water and green tea..that is all I drink.. no juices (store bought) or sodas for me. I drink about four liters of water everyday and I feel really good.

9. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Am I the only person who doesn't recognize a difference? It's really all the same to me. Anyhow, I don't usually drink soda. I prefer juice or water.

10. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Well i don't have either anymore, but back when I did I used to consume coke rather than pepsi. Pepsi had a strange taste but coke was always sharp and sweet. Also I preferred bottle to can. pepsi just always seem to taste flat, and didn't have that edge that coke did. I preferred diet coke to pepsi even.

11. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Mines is coke. I'm like an addict haha for some reason pepsi just taste weird to me and i don't like it my husband does but i will stick to my coke.

12. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Well I'm trying to cut back to begin with :p but coke, without question. It's always been my preferance. I just find pepsi to be really syrup-y tasting and bitey. Plus it has an aftertaste to me. Coke is much more refreshing :) .

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Coke tastes way to sweet for me and I don't like it. I have always preferred the sweetness of Pepsi over Coke. And Pepsi is cheaper too. I really don't like Coca Cola products like Sprite for example, I think 7 Up tastes better than Sprite.

14. vest007

vest007Member

Threads:
    I love Coke and Thums Up. Coke tastes really good with French Fries and Fish Fillet burgers, while Thums Up is good with fried chicken and chicken burgers.

15. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    I'm always Coke over Pepsi. In fact, it affects my choice of places to dine in. I would even consider going out of a restaurant and looking for another one if the restaurant does not serve Coke.

16. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    Well, I haven't had either in years, but when I used to consumer soft drinks, I would only drink Coca Cola and never Pepsi. For me, Pepsi was just way too sweet and bitter, while Coke was always good and quenched my thirst, though I would later find out that the chemicals would just make you thirsty later on. You're best option is to avoid either forever.

17. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I am someone who prefers to drink Pepsi instead. I have always ordered and bought Pepsi so it therefore became a habit to only get Pepsi. It would assume that I would like both as equally but as if this moment I only prefer to order Pepsi because it has never failed me in the past!

18. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I would have to choose Coke--I love drinking Coke. I think Pepsi is way too strong for me and I can't take drinks like that and there are times. The only time I will have a Pepsi is when I am at a restaurant; I will order because the ice makes it less strong and that;s just my opinion. if I would order a coke with ice, it seems as if it will lose it's carbonation quicker. Although I love these drinks, I shy away from them because they are not good. After drinking a can of Coke, I noticed that my teeth felt funny and this would occur every time I drunk Soda. I thought maybe the soda was too strong and could cause teeth damage. I looked on to see if soda could damage your teeth and my assumption was right! So, I definitely don't drink it often.

19. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have given up soda, but I used to be a Coke fan. I loved Coke, Pepsi is a little bit too sweet for me. Plus, Coke is strong and I like that.

20. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I have to say neither of these would be for me. This is the worse product that you can buy to drink because it has a lot of sugar and caffiene. It is said not to drink such drinks because this is what causes diabetes and no one wants that. So I gave them up long ago for something healthier to drink like water or make my own drink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.