Coke Promo

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Alexandoy • Feb 14, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is a Coke promo going on for the big bottle. After consuming the contents, you can return the bottle with the cap intact and you get a refund of 3 pesos. It’s not much for a few cents but still it’s a refund. Much more, you are helping the universe with the recycling of the plastic bottle. With this promo, we cannot buy a lot and store Coke the way we used to because the promo will lapse. So you can guess that people in our house have become Coke drinkers.

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard a lot of harmful stuffs that Coke contains. How far those are true is still debatable but for sure Coke contains a large amount of sugar which is not good for health.

Even if there was such an offer I wouldn't try to grab it for the sake of my health. One bottle would be fine but nothing for the returns.

These offers are good for large families or a tour/travel/picnic or party purposes.

3. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Is this promo and international thing? I don't think I heard everything about that in my area. If I wanted to save money for Soda I will just use my Soda stream because I am much more sure what I make is healthier because I can use sweeteners better than sugar like Honey or stevia. Making my own soda actually saved me more money because I can have a year supply of it at the comfort of home and I find making cheaper than buying because the markets in my area is really far as I live in a small town.

4. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    That method of recycling is also well known here. There are certain bottles that contain a refund if returned when we are going to by another one. So we keep buying that bottle and return it after the coke is done. I like this method since we save money and help the environment. Now less bottles are being used so that also means less people are littering.

5. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I've heard of this promo but it isn't really working. We've bought a lot of coke and we have plenty of empty bottles with yellow caps but they don't refund us the P3. There are some stores that don't refund but they sell it P3 off. We only drink Coke occasionally and even if P3 sounds a little amount, I would still want that discount since I can get a free one after buying 7 bottles.

6. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually multinational companies leave nothing to chance when it comes to advertising their products since money is not a restricting force for them. I was just watching a promo by the same company shot in a local train. A man boarded a train and started laughing watching his iPad. Everyone in the coach laughed or smiled watching the man laughing and then few others appeared dressed in CocaCola shirts and distributed cans of Cock to laughing passengers. They can give a small return on caps but they distribute free cans of Coke in developed countries just to stay alive in the memory of their consumers.

7. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    You can do the same here with glass bottles. You pay around 75 cents for a 1-liter bottle then after you're done drinking it, you can return the glass container and get the next for only 40 cents as long as you keep returning the bottle. It kind of sucks when you have to pay for the container too. That's why I mostly purchase the plastic versions because they cost less and I can use the bottle for something else.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @TheKnight@TheKnight Actually they do it to encourage their customers to buy more besides they can always reuse the bottle which will cost them more than what they pay to their customer. It's perhaps okay as long people do not get addicted to that particular item :)

#8Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2017
  9. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Very smart move indeed!
    People will buy more and in that way the business will swell.
    Whatever they offer, it is not wise for the customers to shell out more in a hope of getting a merger return. Businesses are pretty sharp-witted. In the name of saving the universe by recycling plastics, they're actually encouraging for making a bigger harm.

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @moondebi@moondebi I guess it's been a long practice to sell everything which we do not use but in certain countries the practice of use and throw makes such schemes even more attractive. However, as you must be well aware that back in our country everything goes for recycling including paper, plastic, steel etc that cuts the cost of original items. For instance, even the old newspaper is sold for a good price.