Collarsd with Bells?

Discussion in Pets started by chiofthenorns • Sep 6, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    This question was asked to me by my grandfather who seemed to think that it was funny for my cats to have collars with bells. He said that it is the most impractical thing he has ever seen because my cats can no longer catch rats. It's like the rats are being forewarned by the bells. Do you put collars on your cats?

2. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I use a caller for my cat but it does not have a bell on it. I do not like the ones with bells because it makes me feel like my animal is some type of servant. They use to be cute but not anymore.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I tried putting a light collar on my cat on a mini-leash, but he seems uncomfortable with it, because when I turn around, he would try to break free from that thing. But when I'm facing him, he sat still when I tied him to the window. After that test to see if he will stay put with a collar on, I did not put him on that little leash anymore because he might choke himself when I go away. I actually think that cats with collar and bells are cute, it's good if you want to dress up your cat or make it look cuter.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is there any need for bell's in a cat's collar? I've heard of cowbells being tied to livestock so they can be easier to locate. For purposes other than that unless you like the annoying sound of a bell tinkling each time the pet moves around I wouldn't use such a collar for my cat if I owned one.

A collar without bells though . . . I've seen a few of those on cats.