Collectibles Of The Future

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Jannnnjan • Jun 7, 2015.

1. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    What do you think will be the Collectibles of the future?
    I would like to start a collection of things that could be collectible in the future. However I am not very good at predicting what will be the best things to collect.
    I did start a collection of Bradford Exchange plates but these don't seem to be so collectible any more. I also collected Disney VHS tapes when they first came out. That was a dumb idea!
    Any ideas what to collect?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You were actually right about the Disney VHS tapes, but only certain ones like Song of the South are collectible.
    There seems to be a pattern that when a new game console comes out,the last games made for the old console become collectible because no one buys them at first. Some of the last games made at the end of the original XBox's life cycle are worth money now because everyone ran out to buy a 360 and now people going back to collect old Xbox games can't find certain titles like a Godzilla game that came out ages ago.

The games Rule of Rose and Haunting Ground for PS2 are valuable now because no one bought them when they came out and now they've become scarce. I think that Catherine for PS3 will become collectible one day because it's such an unusual game that it wasn't a huge seller.