College courses for free - not for credit

Discussion in Freebies and Giveaways started by koko • Jul 17, 2012.

1. koko

kokoBanned

Threads:
    I love to learn new things but I hate paying college tuition. If you are looking for a way to improve yourself, learn a new language, or take a free refresher course then

is the place to go. You can find courses from Harvard to community college and they are all free.

2. tetutato

tetutatoActive Member

Threads:
    Site looks so... unprofessional o_O

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Erm, yeah, it does. If it does list free courses, then that's great, but I feel like I just stepped back into a 90s' scam site. I'm sure there are other sites that would list the same thing somewhere that would look more professional.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I did browse the site for some course. I had to click too many links to get to where I wanted to go. Once, I finally landed on the page, it was a "coming soon" webpage. I will also reiterate what others have said about the site's unprofessional look. It reminds me of an adsense site layout.

5. koko

kokoBanned

Threads:
    I apologize, I haven't been there recently and actually pulled the bookmark from my computer; I should have double checked before I posted. I went to these links myself today and checked them out and they are better

6. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    You should also try

. They offer free online courses as well and some of the courses give you a certificate of completion once you pass the program. My first class started last week and so far it had been really fun.:)

7. koko

kokoBanned

Threads:
    Wow great! I love expanding my knowledge, and not only because it expands my income abilities (I am a freelance writer so learning a multitude of topics is important to my career) so I am going to have to go check out Coursera! What course are you taking? You'll have to keep us posted on if you get your certificate!

8. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    Good for you, koko! I'm taking Introduction to Finance because it seems really interesting. I originally wanted to sign up for the writing class but I thought it would be more demanding. Maybe next time. But yeah, I'm really, really serious about finance class right now. So wish me luck! ;)

9. tetutato

tetutatoActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the suggestion! Do they cover computer science courses?

10. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Sweet! I briefly checked this site and it looks really good. I'm so glad I read your comment. Of course, since it's from U of M, we know it's got to be good! :) Go Blue!

11. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:

12. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    That is very cool that you can get some college classes for free, even if you don't earn credits for them. Also good to know that there are some good, ligitimate places to get them and that there are also some websites to avoid. I'll be checking out Parker's link and Coursera to see what is available. Thanks!

13. Alaska7

Alaska7Member

Threads:
    If you all are looking for college courses for free, look no further than

. Courses from Harvard, MIT, and I believe Berkeley are all available, with subjects such as computer science, chemistry, and biology. Harvard's CS50 (Computer Science 50) introductory class has some lectures (if not all) on Youtube as well, and they seem incredibly informative. What better free education resource than from some of the best institutions in the world?