College Shopping

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Liv6 • Jul 19, 2015.

1. Liv6

Liv6Member

Threads:
    I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this thread, but I am currently doing shopping as I'm going to enter college and live in a dorm for the first time in August. So far, I have gotten most if not all of the shopping for the kitchen done (save for the POTS AND PANS that my roommates are going to bring), as well as some shopping for my bedroom. However, I was wondering if there is anything I am missing. For those who have experienced this type of move, what is the one thing that you had wished you bought before you moved into a dorm (shower shoes, anyone?) that wasn't obvious until after you moved in? Thanks!

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Don't forgot a bathrobe and a mattress topper for those hard dorm beds. I had a coffee maker and they were allowed.
    I couldn't have survived college without a coffee maker.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, we don't know what you have so it's hard to say. I would always have my own mug, flip flops are good for showers, your own lamp, bedroom mat, spare bedlinen and towels, light bulbs, laundry detergent, water filter jug, candles, extension leads and a clothes airer. Get some of those over the door hooks which are always handy and you can take with you.