Color hair Chalk?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by vpresson • Sep 29, 2013.

1. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I seen the hair color chalk on tv the other day and it looks pretty cool I mean being able to color your hair without dying it seems like a great idea. But i'm wondering if it works? Has anyone here ever tried the Hot Huez?

2. gracie

gracieMember

Threads:
    I've seen this and been wondering about it ever since!I am glad you made a thread bout it. How long does it stay on your hair though? Does it leave stain your shirt?

3. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think it stains and I think it just washes right out.

4. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I got a hair chalk set for my young cousin who wanted one and it was not exactly what I was expecting. No, it didn't stain too bad or anything like that, and it was easy to get out but it wasn't as remarkable as you might think. She has medium blonde hair and it didn't show up too well even with a lot of time spent applying it. She could see a bit of colour and was happy about it, but I wouldn't recommend for anyone other than a child.

5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I tried hair chalk, and I like it; but I am not sure that I have the patience to use it properly because it takes a while to color your hair a little bit at a time.
    I have seen some really pretty styles and colors that people have done with hair chalks, and I wanted to add some more color to mine. I have grey/white hair and so the color works well as far as leaving the actual color that you use, but you only color a small strand at a time, so if you were going to add much color, then it would take a long time to get that effect.
    It washes out; so you would have to re-do it each time you shampoo. I didn't have any problems with it flaking off onto my clothes, and I read that you should put it on damp hair and that it is even better when you curl it with a curling iron afterwards because the heat helps to set the color.
    What i mainly do now is to use that purple shampoo that adds silver-blue highlights to our hair and makes it shiny instead of a drab gray.

6. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen a lot of hair chalk and I have tried it once. Although I like it, I discontinue using it because it made my hair dry after washing it and it will take a while for you to apply it evenly on your hair. For someone who doesn't want to dye their hair or want a different hair color every now and then, hair chalk is the best solution for you (aside from wig) :)

7. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I used it once but not very impressive. First of all it does not stay for long and once you wash your hair it won’t stay. If you are wearing a light colored shirt, in hot climate there is a possibility that the color may spread on your shirt through sweating. It happened with me once as my grey hair is on the back of my head and the black color spread all over my shirt’s collar. As @Jasmin Cottontail@Jasmin Cottontail has rightly pointed out it also makes your hair difficult to manage, somewhat dry.

But if you are in a hurry and don’t have the time or facility for a hair dye you can use it. So I keep one with me in case of emergency.