Colored tights

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by isabbbela • Jun 5, 2014.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yesterday I was going down our path to go to lunch, and a girl right in front of me was formally dressed in a pretty black skirt, shirt and coat, and had green tights on. When I saw her tights I immediately thought they were shocking and I'd never wear them. However, the more I looked at them the more I liked them.

You see, this girl was young, thin (very lean legs) and was wearing otherwise a formal and sober outfit. The colored tights were the only thing really calling attention to her. I don't know if I would ever wear green tights, but I ended up liking her look! It's bold and funky, but trendy and suited her perfectly.
    I would probably choose darker tights for myself if I was ever to wear them, as I'm overweight and my legs are big. But I think I could pull off maybe maroon or wine colored tights. That could look cute!
    Would you ever wear colored tights?

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have worn colored tights to match my outfit. I have worn dark green, burgundy, navy and dark brown. I don't have very lean legs. My legs are very shapely and they look good on me. It's been awhile since I have worn green tights, but I still wear navy, brown and burgundy when it get cold in the fall.

I was in Macy's earlier this week and saw that they had tights for 50% off. I was thinking of stocking up for later this year, but I was in a rush. This thread reminded me that I need to go back to see what they have on sale. ;)

3. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I think tights are a good addition to your clothes, especially if they are paired well. You can play with different colors and it is definitely a much better piece of clothing as compared to mini skirts or those short shorts. I would stock on a lot of tights and mix and match it. It makes me look conservative as well.

I like those tights for winter because they help protect my legs as well from too much cold. It's even better compared to wearing jeans.

4. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    Never really thought about it as I hardly where tights. I usually wear black tights in the winter to keep out the cold. I like fishnets and agree tights can be a good way to jazz up an outfit. I have never worn coloured tights but I wouldn't rule them out definitely like patterned tights.

5. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I have few coloured tights and one of them is purple with flowers on it. I don't know but I just love them so much more than a plain or black tights.

When I'm wearing them I try not to pair them with a colourful shirts or blouse though because then the appearance would become a bit extreme :D

I never thought of them before but I started liking them when my husband bought me one as a gift after I gave birth to our daughter.

6. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I love the look of colored tights, but within reason. I like them in jewel tones, but would pass on anything brighter. I have seen girls wearing school bus yellow and mac & cheese orange tights and I didn't care for the look. To me those super bright colors made the outfits look very juvenile and it didn't look as trendy and chic as much as distracting.

7. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think colored tights are fine as long as they are properly matched and not just worn out of nowhere. It must fit with a proper style because honestly I think by itself it looks tacky. Only good for the eyes when looking at it alone, but not good to wear. But nothing looks that bad if it were coupled something that complements it.