Combining Savings Options to Save More

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by DancingLady • Nov 4, 2014.

1. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    When I shop for my gifts for my family, I am planning to combine savings techniques to get the most money back. A number of sites I use have cash back offers for gift items, so I can save there. If I pay with my Amazon rewards card I get points, so a little more savings. Swagbucks has had some incredible cashback deals in the past, so hopefully they will have a good one this year. They also have had some really great amazon cashback deals, which would be absolutely ideal as I can get rewards on Swagbucks and earn triple points on my rewards card, so then I will get quite a bit off that I can use for something for myself, or to save for something I will need like new ballet tights.

Have you ever done something like this to save on gifts?

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, our credit card has a points system that gives gifts and we have used that for several things: gift cards, gift items, and cash rewards. It also has a discount program where you can get double points when you purchase certain items during a designated month. Other than that, I have rewards cards which are more for personal use. But I think it is a great idea! I have never used Swagbucks before but I think after reading your post I'm going to check it out. I'm always looking for new ideas on how to get the most for my buck.

3. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Swagbucks is a great one, but if you are not familiar with any of these sites I would also highly recommend checking out inboxdollars. They have a number of ways to earn money, but one of them is cash back offers just like Swagbucks has. They seem to have a different mix of things so it's worth checking out. Inboxdollars has a $30 min payout, but if you buy a few gifts through them and maybe do a few more free offers you can get that pretty quickly.